music lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music lovers

just listened to "Let 'Em In" by Billy Paul and the excerptsfrom speeches fromMalcolm X and MLK ..... it gave me goosebumps!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

As for me ... currently listening to the best tune ever done by Tanya Stephens .... "These Streets!"
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Got that CD by Billy Paul.

That song 'let them in' make you see how musicians during that time were visionaries. That song is a classic!!

Billy Paul has another album (don't recall the names ) but with cuts: 'Let the dollar Circulate"... "I was Married"... and other songs. Brilliant!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        just listened to "Let 'Em In" by Billy Paul and the excerptsfrom speeches fromMalcolm X and MLK ..... it gave me goosebumps!
        That was a classic by Billy Paul. It was nowhere nearly as big a hit as "Me And Mrs. Jones" (VH1 classifies Billy Paul as a one-hit wonder), but I love the recording you mentioned, Gamma. And that laidback disco-type beat is captivating.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Got that CD by Billy Paul.

That song 'let them in' make you see how musicians during that time were visionaries. That song is a classic!!

Billy Paul has another album (don't recall the names ) but with cuts: 'Let the dollar Circulate"... "I was Married"... and other songs. Brilliant!!
          I agree with you on all points here, HL.

Thanks to people like Billy Paul and so many others, the sounds of the 1970's is something to be forever cherished!

Comment

specifically TSOP for which Thom Bell (a jamaican) was so instrumental!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

far from it....he also had "let's make a baby" which was a hit...not a cross over hit like me & mrs jones ...

Comment

what the hell is happening? HL and Gamma agreeing more often than they disagree these days?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

bolt win an' asafa come second!

Comment

mi glad a nuh 1,1 cause mi couldn't tek it.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mrs. Jones was a classic! Even had a 'friend' called that by others. Ah well....those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                        Mrs. Jones was a classic! Even had a 'friend' called that by others. Ah well....those were the days.
                        Those were the days indeed !

My favourite Billy Paul recordings are, in order of preference:

1. Me and Mrs. Jones
                        2. Let Em In
                        3. Thanks For Saving My Life
                        4. Only the Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          3. Thanks For Saving My Life
                          Wow! Thanks for reminding me about that great song. Haven't heard that from maybe the early 80s!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah , The title of the post is 'music lovers'

It did not say 'dance-hall lovers'...............
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Oops!

Don't Brigadier Jerry have a chune by dat same name? Ah coulda swear!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X