Sex charge heard on radio this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This forum is the greatest!

Believe me when I say that this board has easily the most tolerant and mature set of forumites I have encountered anywhere on the internet. Its the only one I have spent any time around where so many people of different views can argue on just about any topic without any personal attacks and general disrespect. For that reason its really the only one that I post on.

This was brought home to me again recently when after reading one of Historians outstanding posts on bass guitarists I spent some time on Youtube listening to Victor Wooten and the opinions shared by youtube posters on this obviously great musician. You would be surprised how people who supposedly all love great music go at each others throats when they have a difference of opinion on which guitarist is better than which! I can't imagine what depths they would go to if they discussed sensitive topics like politics and religion.

We really have something special here.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      This forum is the greatest!

Believe me when I say that this board has easily the most tolerant and mature set of forumites I have encountered anywhere on the internet. Its the only one I have spent any time around where so many people of different views can argue on just about any topic without any personal attacks and general disrespect. For that reason its really the only one that I post on.

This was brought home to me again recently when after reading one of Historians outstanding posts on bass guitarists I spent some time on Youtube listening to Victor Wooten and the opinions shared by youtube posters on this obviously great musician. You would be surprised how people who supposedly all love great music go at each others throats when they have a difference of opinion on which guitarist is better than which! I can't imagine what depths they would go to if they discussed sensitive topics like politics and religion.

We really have something special here.
      YesI!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Has it ever happened to (even one of) those mothers you claim to know so well?
        The fact that a prostitute is involved is THE problem for me, and likely for his son too. The mother is out of order,burning down the village in order to save it.
        Typical macho response, and again, I'm not surprised at the number of young, messed-up males around today!

The issue at hand is what is the proper, moral way in which to bring up a child? Certainly the contempt and downright disrespect that many men have for women have their roots in questionable upbringing such as this! Instead of teaching the young boy moral, ethical values, this is what that blasted father chose to do?

This is a new day, and my mind is more fresh and rested now. Hence, my position is that this father should be removed from the life of this boy, as he clearly cannot be a competent father!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          The news said that Florida man who wanted to introduce his 15-year-old son into the passage of manhood, went to a motel and solicited the services of a pro-stitute. He then went home, got ?

what's a pro-stitute??

Someone who is for stitution??
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Wish my dad did the same for me.

Comment

Historian, here is my take. The father, the mother and the son are all wrong for what they did. How so?

The father, in my view, was morally wrong for what he did. I would never tell my son or take my son to a prostitute. Wrong approach and bad lesson. However, in most Latin American cultures it is the norm for a father to take his son to a prostitute so that he can have his first piece of naaany. I spoke to some of my Latin bredrins from different countries and they all say that this is normal and, although the standard age at which to do this is 18, there are some fathers who will take his son to a prostitute from as early as 14. I don't know if the father in question is of Latin heritage but many Latin men in the USA carry on this practice from the old country. It is not an open secret but if you are close to the Latinos you will hear of this one or that one who recently took his teenager son to get introduced to his first piece of naany.

I also find it not only strange that the boy (15 y/o!!!!) went to his mother to complain, but I also think it was the wrong thing to do. He should've confronted his father if he had a problem with the act. He had the brevity to share this with his mother but he didn't have the cojones to have a one-to-one converstaion with his father before he did it. Wow! I'm sure the father was not in the room with him and did not hold a gun to his head...at least that's what I got from the news. So then, why consummate the deal and then tell? Strange!!!!

But the mother just complicated the matter when she called the police. Historian, I understand your outrage too but I cannot agree that the mother should call the police and have the father arrested. Neither do I know any mother who would've done that. There were many other options for her to take...you name them. But calling the police was dead wrong.
              Though I'm totally against prostitution, I'm nevertheless fully aware that it is a way of life for millions of people around the world. Should the father end up serving time, the son will have to wrestle with the fact that his father went to prison for helping him to get (maybe) his first piece of pu-naany.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Jamaican fathers do it too....a good friend of mine related a story very similar...although not the same outcome (no pun).
                Not joining this fray. Not making any moral judgements. Myabe the father went a little overboard, maybe a little too soon, maybe the wife was also a little premature in her response.

Comment

i feel seh that is more than that...the wife probabaly now feels that he husband is a regular client of those ladies who practice the oldest profession and that gave her the added impetus...hell hath no fury.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    i.hell hath no fury.....
                    ..... Like a woman scorned!

Putting the dad in prison is going to turn out to be a nightmarish situation for mom and son. Family breakdown, fi true
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

The question now becomes..which parent has done more harm to the son now ? Dad for introducing the son to "sex", and wrongly to pro-stitution or the Mom who has now taken the father out of the son life? Now the son has to live with the guilt that his dad is in jail because of his telling?
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Many of times folks call the cops and believe that the outcome would only be a slap on the wrist. I am willing to bet that this mother did not believe that the current predicament that her husband finds himself in would be the end result of her 911 call.

Comment

Working...
                        X