• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just this in my Email

'WHAT GOES AROUND'---ANOTHER REASON FOR US TO BE PROUD! Inbox

Shilo Evans <msshilo@gmail.com>
    show details
    Sep 4 (12 hours ago)

I don't get impressed easily. As a matter of fact, I rarely get impressed at all.
    Well...that sorta changed this past Sunday night, after attending the premiere of Steve 'Tehutnine' McAlpin's
    latest film, 'What Goes Around'. I was more than impressed actually...I left the movie theater filled with pride.
    Yep...pride. Steve had done it again. Another movie was now in the history books, and 'we' can all
    have something else to be proud of. Our bonafide film industry gone a lead.

Show times for the premiere down here in Ft Lauderdale was 6 and 8pm. Both shows were sold out.
    Had there been a third show scheduled, I imagine that would have been sold out as well.
    From where I stood toward the end of the first show, people were commenting about wanting to stay
    for the second show. Unfortunately for them, the 8pm crowd wasn't having it. Nope...sell off!

The cast boasted everyone from a famous model to a cameo from a dancehall superstar........and then some.
    Everyone, and I do mean everyone played their part extremely well. Natural. No one looked as if they were trying
    to act. 'Steve is a great story-teller' commented Cess Silvera who sat right there with the Til Shilo Promotions family during the second show. Yep...we watched twice.

Throughout the entire film he commented on the actors and actresses, the story, and the directing. Now you all know
    who Cess is, right? Yep, the famous Cess Silvera who has the best selling movie in history. Best selling on the streets that is...
    'Shottas' is a classic. At the end of the film, to watch Cess stand up and clap made me smile big. This man knows movies,
    and he loved 'What Goes Around'. If you're reading this and didn't get a chance to see the film as yet, mek sure when it comes to your town you are first in line. You won't be sorry. Get ready to laugh!

Is this a comedy? Nope...not at all...but you will laugh!
    This movie contains strong messages. It deals with many serious issues plaguing our community. However, Steve has a knack
    for making a point and getting the messages across without becoming preachy. The actors also did a great job with their delivery. It's still difficult for me to decide who my favorite character was. Sylvester (Flippa Mafia), Randy (Ding Dong), Jimmy Winchester (KC Jockey), Elroy (Supa Twitch), Denzel (Nohard 'Noah' Grant), Lucille, Adonis, the crackhead or John. It's really hard to choose.

Speaking of characters, let me big up the entire cast. You all did an amazing job.
    Steve McAlpin...yu done know you the man. After watching Foreign and Bashment we knew we had to watch out for you. We figured your next project would be a smash...but you really did it this time. If your fans loved Bashment, and I know they did...they will
    be blown away by What Goes Around. Congratulations again mi yute...I expect much more from you. Impress mi again.

I don't want to seem as if I am not acknowledging all the cast members, so please, don't feel that way. I just can't get all their names in here right now. Log onto: www.sunrason.com or www.myspace.com/whatgoesaroundmovie and look around.
    Check out the trailer and get to know all the cast members. Familiarize yourselves. Send them love.

One of the actors who impressed me in this film was KC Jockey. We all know that KC has been doing his thing as an artist and producer for many years, and as the CEO of Sweet Sadies Productions, he has done a lot for the less fortunate in Jamaica (although he might be too modest to say it), but i'm not. He played the role of an ex-gangster by the name of Jimmy Winchester. Jimmy did it all back in the day, now he's in the community trying to steer the youths down the right path. Kudos KC. It's your time to shine.

We all remember hot headed Son Son from Bashment played by Nohard Grant aka Noah, right? Who could forget! Well, this time he was cast as Denzel, a totally different character from Son Son. Noah got the chance of a lifetime to show his versatility...and that he did. According to Cess Silvera, 'this kid would make it big in Hollywood'. Spectacular performance Noah. I agree with Cess.

Flippa Mafia played the role of Sylvester, and what an amazing job he did! You may or may not remember him in Shottas playing John John, but I bet you won't forget Sylvester this time. Another memorable performance.

Supa Twitch from Supa Sound...you go boy! He played Elroy. I had no idea Twitch was so natural in front of the camera. Another performance you won't forget for a variety of reasons. Congrats mi fam!

Ding Dong surprised the daylights outtta me. He was soooooooo good. If you ever give up dancing yute, head straight to Hollywood. You are a natural as well.

Mavado made a cameo appearance and Ras Atiba left the audience with the catch phrase of the century.
    The film was put in honor of Rraw Dawg's memory, as he passed on a few days after shooting his scenes. A moment of silence
    was ordered by Steve McAlpin out of respect for this fallen soldier. RIP!

You must be wondering if there were no females in this film. Of course there are. You're going to love to hate some, and hate to love others. Sakina, Tashika, Kim, and Charlene are a few you'll never forget.

All in all, What Goes Around get a ten outta ten from me. Yep...Miss Hard Fi Please seh dat!
    Congratulations to all involved...job well done!

September 28th...Ft Lauderdale gets another look at the film. Keep checking your email for more details.
    Also stay tuned for other show dates in various cities.
    Support your own!
    No bootlegg!

--
    'GOD First...All Else After'!!!

Shilo Evans
    Til Shilo Promotions, Inc.
    CEO/President
    347-873-3616
    'Reggae is our Culture...Music is our Passion'!

www.myspace.com/bascomxmusic
    www.myspace.com/kymanimarley
    www.myspace.com/themusicallust
    www.myspace.com/xes3d
    www.myspace.com/celebrityfest
    www.myspace.com/msshilo
    www.celebrityplus.net
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X