Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember making a post similar to this on a Sunday three

years ago, almost to the day.

New Orleans is close to my heart, I have both friends and family there and have been there many times before and after Katrina. It has never been the same since Katrina but at least it still existed. I fear if the worst happens with Gustav it will no longer be a habitable city.

Even as I try to lend a helping hand to those who have been affected in Jamaica, I also hope that this storm does not leave New Orleans in ruins again.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    years ago, almost to the day.

New Orleans is close to my heart, I have both friends and family there and have been there many times before and after Katrina. It has never been the same since Katrina but at least it still existed. I fear if the worst happens with Gustav it will no longer be a habitable city.

Even as I try to lend a helping hand to those who have been affected in Jamaica, I also hope that this storm does not leave New Orleans in ruins again.
    Disagree!
    If she is leveled - Aside: (...or levelled both are correct! - You tell me, is it any wonder why this language has so many of us as poor speller? Too many damn 'double ways right words' and words that convey the same meaning, e.g. 'tit-bit' and 'tid-bit' - Hi gamma! ...and use of word forgetaboutit e.g. advise and advice...) she shall rise bigger and better!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

My high school geography told me that it was not wise to build in a river delta. The great city of Alexandria in Egypt, built on the edge of the Nile delta, has seen its fair share of problems because of that.

New Orleans might just be the right name for that city. It might be built anew every 5 years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        My high school geography told me that it was not wise to build in a river delta. The great city of Alexandria in Egypt, built on the edge of the Nile delta, has seen its fair share of problems because of that.

New Orleans might just be the right name for that city. It might be built anew every 5 years!
        New Orleans - Consider its geography...i.e. its strategic importance (to the US economy) - ...and the current technology...a leveling and one good rebuilding may be all it needs.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

To have a chance at that some areas have to be relocated and returned to nature permanently, and I can tell you that some people will have to lose thier house 2 or 3 more times before they get the message that they should not live where they live. You can't even get them to raise thier house to rhatid.

I know humans are by nature creatures of habit but they really take it to the ridiculous level down there. One experience with spending a night on the roof of a house 90% under water would be more than enough for me.

The city itself is worth saving though. Its a one-of-a-kind place.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

That's what I am considering, its geography, in a delta!

Houston is pretty close by and has a rahtid port, so not sure if we need New Orleans.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              To have a chance at that some areas have to be relocated and returned to nature permanently, and I can tell you that some people will have to lose thier house 2 or 3 more times before they get the message that they should not live where they live. You can't even get them to raise thier house to rhatid.

I know humans are by nature creatures of habit but they really take it to the ridiculous level down there. One experience with spending a night on the roof of a house 90% under water would be more than enough for me.

The city itself is worth saving though. Its a one-of-a-kind place.
              Yuh seit!
              btw - Spoke with a brother of mine about 2 hours ago and he was on Route 10 in Louisiana (coming from Texas...heading towards Florida). Said all trafic he saw was...bumper to bumper going in the opposite direction (going West) and he was having a 'sailing along' in peaceful surroundings. He should be in Ft Preice, Florida by 2.00pm tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X