Bolt better know than Bob Marley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt better know than Bob Marley

Mi feel like poking a raw nerve this morning.

Today Bolt stands as the best known Jamaican ever!

Bolt not greater than Marley but 1 billion people in China now know that lightening can strike thrice. Then add a couple more hundreds of million around the world and the man is more popular than Bob Marley!
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

come on now don't start such foolishness, when no one knows Bolt's name except the track people in 20-30 years BOB will still be living large, there is even a chance in my mind that bob will be a big as William Shakespeare in the long run of course we won't be here to see it.

Comment

Who's Shakespeare?

Comment

You know the key man from the taxi label!!!

Comment

ha ha!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            Mi feel like poking a raw nerve this morning.

Today Bolt stands as the best known Jamaican ever!

Bolt not greater than Marley but 1 billion people in China now know that lightening can strike thrice. Then add a couple more hundreds of million around the world and the man is more popular than Bob Marley!
            Seem lacka yuh neva si & ear wen di Chinnn- neez dem
            buk hout dem reggae mu-sik?

Dem kno Bob fram lang time!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Seem lacka yuh neva si & ear wen di Chinnn- neez dem
              buk hout dem reggae mu-sik?

Dem kno Bob fram lang time!
              Actually, Karl, the Chinese knew nothing whatsoever about Jamaican culture before the Olympics. You're probably confusing the Chinese with the Japanese, as reggae music has been very big in Japan over the past two to three decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                come on now don't start such foolishness, when no one knows Bolt's name except the track people in 20-30 years BOB will still be living large, there is even a chance in my mind that bob will be a big as William Shakespeare in the long run of course we won't be here to see it.

Bob is bigger than Shakepeare.

Bob's image is also the best known of anyone worldwide.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I concur fully, i was over there in 2004 most of the people I met did not know of Jamaica or what a Jamaica was/is nothing and I am talking about middle class and up type professionals. I guess the govt has done an excellent job shutting certain news out of the country which is one of the reasons I posted before the Oly that after this China will know about Ja. To take a line from Mulan,

China talking to Jamaica - I've heard a great deal about you, Jamaica. You trained your team well at home, you consumed nothing but yam, green banana and cassava, you had disunity and dissension in your camp while here in China, your commanding athlete Bolt has conquered all comers, he tore down the national stadium with his dances, and... you have saved these Olympics. Now all of China will know Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    Actually, Karl, the Chinese knew nothing whatsoever about Jamaican culture before the Olympics. You're probably confusing the Chinese with the Japanese, as reggae music has been very big in Japan over the past two to three decades.
                    I would truly be amazed to find any set of people in any of the large countries not hearing of and knowing of Jamaica. Our people are to be found in all these large countries...and we do not 'hide ourselves'. We achieve and stand out! We take our culture...and therefore our music with us!

One of the most amazing things that 'hit' me when I came to live in the US in 1990 was the extent to which our music was being used....and how even the kids, young and old people where familar with our 'style'.

Considering the reach of the US media and entertainment industry...and the frequency with which we were talked about...had advertisements with some Jamaican theme and or thread...it followed that even if we only considered the use of our 'products' in the US, that US media exposure put us in the corner of just about everywhere in the world.

No Historian, even in closed societies...we must have had good exposure. As I said, I would be amazed if we were not at the very least known...would be amazed if the Chinese have not had more than a passing acquaintance with us and with our music.

btw - Have you ever wondered why so many of 'our' products being sold in the US have our "Jamaica brand" with a "Made in China" label? Would that lead to thinking our brand, our country, our 'style' is not known by the Chinese?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You see it Stonigut? Now 1.3 billion chinese are ripe for the export of herbal medicines from Jamaica and why not?

It was us leaving from Ethiopia and Egypt who travelled the world teaching everyone how to live and serve the indwelling God.

As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end.

How long before that Trillion dollar valued AIDS and Cancer natural drug that they are working on in Jamaica comes on the market?

That whole cockpit country is like one large pharmacuetical company with the exception that I have yet to hear of a product recall for God's natural herbs that he gave to us to use.

MI no know what happen to us but recently we have been bowing down to the images made by white hands(pills) with their side effects and frequent product recalls(whadup HL?)

Its like our so-called Christians nah read dem bible or dem a read but nah understand it

so much so we no notice that the time has shifted to natural products, we still enamored with the USA and Europe.

Thanks Bolt the Olympics was exactly what we needed!!!

Rise Jamaica Rise!!! We have the world to lead out of bondage

rAsta done tell dem say a Love a dweet(a wah do some people?)

Comment

Best known of any Jamaican you mean right?

I think it is possible that at this particular moment Bolts image is more recognizable than Bob, if only because of the far-reaching power of communications today.

Wether it will be as lasting an image is yet to be seen. I tend to doubt it because of the nature of sports vs music.

We are talking about over 2 billion people between India and China now connected to the worldwide media who were not up to a decade ago.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes Mr Shatta long time mi nuh hear from the man, how Cali you still out that side.

Comment

A bass guitarist...aka Robbie
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              Best known of any Jamaican you mean right?

I think it is possible that at this particular moment Bolts image is more recognizable than Bob, if only because of the far-reaching power of communications today.

Wether it will be as lasting an image is yet to be seen. I tend to doubt it because of the nature of sports vs music.

We are talking about over 2 billion people between India and China now connected to the worldwide media who were not up to a decade ago.
                              No, I don't mean best known of any Jamaican... I mean best known.. period... on a global basis.

Bolt's name is well known at the moment but if you place his image in front of a diverse set of people.. most will not recognize it... Bob's appearance is very distinctive... and almost unforgettable.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X