JLP shocked at PM’s cancellation of EU visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLP shocked at PM’s cancellation of EU visit

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_byline></TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_imagecaption></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SPAN class=news_summary>The Opposition JamaicaLabour Party (JLP) is expressing shock at reports that Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller has rescheduled a meeting with the President of the european Union. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>Commenting on the reports Thursday morning, Opposition Spokesman on Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Karl Samuda said the Prime Minister needs to respond to claims that the European Commission is upset over the decision.

He again called on the Prime Minister to go to the polls as the country is being mismanaged.

The RJR News centre received information on Wednesday night from a Catholic web site which stated that Mrs. Simpson Miller was also down to meet this Saturday with Pope Benedict.

However, the Prime Minister's Press Secretary Lincoln Robinson says the European visit has been postponed as a result of scheduling problems.

He told RJR News a short while ago that he was preparing a statement in response to the claims that the EU is upset over what is being described as the last minute cancellation.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: JLP shocked at PM’s cancellation of EU visit

A wha duh Karl Samuda? Him think most Jamaicans care if the country is being mismanaged? If election is tomorrow morning, the unthinking people would return this set of idiots into office.

The JLP need to get with the times. Dem think approaching things in a real world fashion impress Jamaicans? kiss teet!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I know I am the only idiot in this village but is it the

first time a JA govt. is cancelling a visit? What are the protocols of response in these instances, is it the PM's duty to call directly (akin to when I call my friends to say I won't show) or is there a way of formality ( email followed by a written document from the Jakan govt)? What is the objective of the observer here? Last week it was doodling, now this week it's missed meeting. Is the observer trying to say the PM is a fool? Does the Observer handle the scheduling of the Jakan govt? When leader of the opposition went and scolded the heads of govt. of this region (where he was rebuffed) I did not see the observer highlighting such gross naivety. When the opposition acted as if they are thegovt. by sending trade delegation to china (after the chinese govt, was directly speaking with the present govt.) I did not see this in the print media as wrong move.Experts on Asian politics will tell you that you will get nowhere when you are not in a position to bargain with the Asians (please read the book called Asian mind games) yet the opposition took it on themselves to send their own group as if no govt existed in JA. Did the Observer put this move as poor and naive foreign relations?.

I will wait until all the data is put forth on the table. Call me an idiot but that's how I am.

Comment

Dude! Are you for real? Oh ... I forgot ... all I did was read the first line in yuh post. Bwoy, unuh can embarrass unuhself fi nothing.

Comment

well.... they do say that confession is good for the soul.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Oh yeah when I am here preaching about quality education; this

way we can fish for ourselves and not have to worry that we miss meeting with other fishermen, nooo. You guys said I am typing a load of crap. The info age will deal with you people in time. See what happen to cambios? quick answer: ATM and Western union. Info age bwoy.

Comment

The good thing is that I know I am a fool.

Comment

?????!!!!

i don't know if it is because you are a self proclaimed idiot or that i may be one but what the hell does what you just wrote have ANYTHING, even remotely, to do with the issue being discussed?

does this have any connection bright red fire trucks and fire hydrants as well?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Have you ever considered that you are the one who have no clue???? Or not intellectual enough??? Some times I make posts here and when I see the responses, and I am not talking about Karl alone here now, I wonder if the person missed the point or if I am so off?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

What's the weight of the the observer's argument?

They are saying these guys give huge some in financial aid, hence when they call you can ill afford to miss a meeting. What if JA was a producer in the realm of Malaysia or Singapore? If I am getting too much ahead or making too much of a lofty standard for JA please let me know. Thanks. BTW please explain the fire trucks and hydrants, you lost me there (which is readily apparent).

Comment

By the way, Jawge, where you get your info from?

"When the opposition acted as if they are thegovt. by sending trade delegation to china (after the chinese govt, was directly speaking with the present govt.) I did not see this in the print media as wrong move." (Jawge)

Where you that from Jawge? Mi say it all the while, "Why unuh waste money guh a college is beyond me"

Comment

Okay, so I should sign up for classes with Prof. Mutty.

You claim he is a genius and I am assuming he is the source of your fountain of knowledge.

Comment

Leave the icon of journalism out of it. Wouldn't want yuh to embarrass yuhself any further. Just answer the question, where yuh get yuh info from bcuz it appears yuh mekking up stuff.

"When the opposition acted as if they are thegovt. by sending trade delegation to china (after the chinese govt, was directly speaking with the present govt.) I did not see this in the print media as wrong move." (Jawge) "

Comment

You are the facts man and you don't

know this? You didn't know that Delroy Chuck and Co went to china? Do your research on the observer. BTW seeing that you are an objective person, I am going to ask you a question. Is there any good being done by the PNP whilst in govt.?

Comment

Delroy Chuck and Co going to China is one thing, you state they went there acting like gov't. Where you get that from? Bettah yuh check yuhself Jawge.

Comment

Working...
                              X