• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An effective PNP requires progressive leadership

An effective PNP requires progressive leadership
    CHRIS BURNS
    Monday, August 18, 2008

In his first national broadcast, since declaring his bid for the presidency of the People's National Party (PNP), Dr Peter Phillips said, "Let me make it clear, my decision was not made out of self-interest; quite the contrary". While no one should rush to question his sincerity, Dr Phillips' campaign should find it rather enjoyable reconciling his use of the first person singular "I" 32 times, his use of "My" 24 times, and "Me" four times, as compared to his use of the first-person plural "We" 13 times during the presentation.

CHRIS BURNS

In addition, Dr Phillips glidingly recited his political résumé and ministerial accomplishments; a pitch he hopes will resonate with delegates in September. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with his marketing pitch. However, the fact that he found it necessary to remind delegates of his impressive and still very recent résumé, says it all. This column has been consistent, unhesitantly and unrepentantly, in its advocacy for a complete, but orderly change in the current leadership cadre of the PNP. It never supported, and never will support camouflage changes or a mere recycling of the "same ole, same ole".

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X