X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizzla's Jamaican Jihad

Sizzla Kalonji: caught up with God, Girls and the Gun

Friday, August 15, 2008

Conscious deejay Miguel Collins, more popularly known as Sizzla, has advocated murder in at least 35 songs, that's more than Ninja man, Mavado or Munga, yet he still considers himself righteous.
    SizzlaHis victims include, Pope John Paul II, politicians, policemen, informers, gunmen, gays, and even an innocent taxi driver. He's the "baddest mother***** ever seen".
    These songs are all gun tunes and don't include Sizzla's vast catalogue of fire-burning tunes.
    Splash analysed 34 of Sizzla's albums, which covers much of his known discography of over 300 songs. The music tells of a man deeply prolific but equally at odds, caught between God and the gun.
    From Dis Gangster on his first album to Clip Pan Dem
    re-issued on his latest, he is a lyrical gunman - country & western style.
    Songs
    His lyrical murders are sometimes as basic as the 7 o'clock news, "pump[ing] your f***ing head full a lead/ .yeah that's me," Born in a System (Rise to the Occasion).
    Other times it's against agents of the state. In A Better Way (Waterhouse Redemption), he praises Haile Selassie then kills policemen and a taxi-man.
    "Pop out my gun in a drama/ . boys in camouflage and blue/ mi tun it pon dem/ kill a dozen or two". It continues, "Mi juggle a taxi cab./ frowns him a frown/screw him a screw/ mi just bus up him head/ pure blood start to spew". And in Revenge (Jah Protect) politicians are victims, "politician we a go dun him to/ prime minister Rastafari bun him too".
    God and Gun
    Sizzla's Rastafarian faith separates him from deejays Ninjaman who has some 29 gun tunes and Bounty Killer who has about 60 gun tunes. It makes him a militant Rastafarian, whose lyrical murders are immoral but not necessarily irreligious; because his killings are God "sanctioned". "Emanuel seh, never forget to kill Babylon," Clip Pan Dem (Rastafari 2008).
    Sizzla threatens those who do not adhere to the Selassie's doctrines. "You must be silly/ mi guns will kill you/ in de broiling day or when the night chilly/.from you dis Selassie I, mi cut you off swiftly," Kill You (Ain't gong to 2006).
    Sizzla's goal is to destroy Babylon (the western democratic state), which he considers oppressive and replace it with a Rasta theocracy. And in Street-side Knowledge he sends the state an ultimatum and calls for freedom. "Free-up di youth out of di slum to b**b*cl**t/ or mi a go bus mi gun to b**b*cl**t,"
    He has no compassion for gays, who are lyrically slaughtered on about half of his gun tracks: "I am no pretender/shot mi shot de boy who a climb another man fender/ cleanliness a godliness, a judgement me render," Gi Dem Gunshot,(Blaze Fire Blaze).
    Gun and Girls
    Sizzla recently started mixing girls and guns in singles. In Woman Can' Too Much, it is a woman who instructs him to kill policemen and gays. "Hail Selassie I and praise-up the most high/ Sizzla Kalonji shoot de police-boy and tek di gun from him holster/ dem say me wanted, me si it pon di poster/ black woman seh fi shot di b*tty boy/ and di sodomite"

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lifes...ND_THE_GUN.asp

what a diseased, confused, tortured soul.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

He is a FOOL!

Lost every ounce of respect for him about 7 years ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A very RICH fool

Comment

Man would bun white people productions and now he is the king of vanity.

Comment

Yeah, typical yankee statement.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sizzla should shave his locks, since there is a contradiction between his so-called faith and the lyrical content of his music.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Every rastaman should shave his locks den cause none a dem nuh live what dem preach.

Comment

Stop tell lie Jerry Hue. You gwaan like you nuh rate you bredrin Rudi Speng. LOL

Comment

You would have to redefine rasta for that to be true.
                  Read above where my good friend Mosiah(Mr. President) called Sizzla a disparaging name perhaps because of the "one house of ....recovered.., and his ties to some serious individuals"
                  See, Rasta for whatever reason(I can't say I fault them)really expect the day baldheads will declare outright war on them, ergo....
                  Sizzla is highly spiritual, I have never seen another rasta as dedicated to their "beliefs" as he is, that is discipline.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                  X