X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian, please provide feedback on Eugene Grey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109EM...eature=related

TDowl, excellent submission!!!

I knew Eugene back in Sav-la Mar when he played for Sinclair Band (Hurry Hurry Band). He is multi-talented!! Bet you did not know he can play the trombone............!!

Fate would have it that Eugene and I met again here in the US.

He lived in Sommerset New Jersey. I lived on Long Island New York. I hired Eugene and his band to provide entertainment for the opening of my first business...

After that, we had a short business relationship. I arranged contracts for gigs at different venue on Fire Island NY, The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant and Club LI, and other well known establishments.

Eugene is very well known among the Jazz and Jazz Fusion scene. He has played with the Who's Who in music in cluding Bob Marley.

Last few times i've seen him play were at a Clubs along the Jersey Shore, as lead guitarist for Burning Spear at the IMAC Center, Huntington Long Island--and as lead guitarist for an orchestra in a play on 125th St. in Harlem NY.

I truly relished the YouTube submissions TDowl ...I cannot get enough of it!!!!

I have tapes of Eugene's live performances he did during the short time we worked together. Don't think i'll have to dig deep to find them. In fact that's exactly what I'll do this week-end.
    Last edited by HL; August 15, 2008, 06:19 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Is he a Rusea's 'old boy'?
      My Shady Pines memory says so!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes. I think he is from Hanover--but moved to Savanna-la-Mar.

HL

Comment

Power Reggae is the name of the casette tape I have from Eugene.

It was done in 1993. It was produced by his wife Felecia and done in his studio Greyphone Records.

Correction:
          I mentioned that Eugene lived in Sommerset NJ. That s/b Somerville, NJ.

HL

Comment

We are waiting for you congratulations over in the Olympic forum.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Is he a Rusea's 'old boy'?
              My Shady Pines memory says so!
              Eugene was born in Green Island, but grew up in Dias. I keep hear about this youth at Ruseas' blowing mouth organ(Harmonica), oh my he colud play that instrument, and thats how the band was started at Ruseas', D. Atkinson on Bass, Dixon on Keyboards, Ikey Bennett on Piano, Tingy Wire on Sax, could be Ramsey on guitar, they went on to win the first POP section in festival at Stadium, the band was formed around Eugene.

Eugene was also the #1 class II 100/200 sprinter at Ruseas', go here for more read up www.luceaonline.com/music.htm.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                Eugene was born in Green Island, but grew up in Dias. I keep hear about this youth at Ruseas' blowing mouth organ(Harmonica), oh my he colud play that instrument, and thats how the band was started at Ruseas', D. Atkinson on Bass, Dixon on Keyboards, Ikey Bennett on Piano, Tingy Wire on Sax, could be Ramsey on guitar, they went on to win the first POP section in festival at Stadium, the band was formed around Eugene.

Eugene was also the #1 class II 100/200 sprinter at Ruseas', go here for more read up www.luceaonline.com/music.htm.
                Thanks!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Yes. I think he is from Hanover--but moved to Savanna-la-Mar.
                  Thanks!

Comment

TDowl, I sincerely apologize for just responding! I did not see your post because I've been busy in a number of ways, one of them being watching and videotaping the Olympic Games, and in between that going through my track and field video library and watching some old stuff!

The result of this was that I did not get a chance to come online here before today!

Comment

Working...
                    X