Any back-yard agri expert deh bout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any back-yard agri expert deh bout?

Mi bredrin Peter Gave me four pots with gungo plants, height about 12 inches, growing. I want to transplant them but I don't know much about gungo except that the tree/brush can grow to about 5 feet high with a wide foliage...oh yes and that it mek good-good peas soup and Sunday- day rice-n-peas. I would not plant them near a fence been that they loce to spread wide.

I have questions though. Does the plant like shaded area or nuff sunlight? And does it thrive well under arid conditions or do I need to water regularly?

Peter also gave me a ******-plum tree 2 years ago but di blasted ting drop dung and dead! Maybe I watered it too much. Speaking of ******, whatever happened to a young player we once had named Dave "******" Leung?
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Just mek sure yuh nuh plant di "Gungo" in plain sight....

Comment

I'm just glad yuh spell mi "gungo" right...without any "a"s and "j"s inaa it.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
        Peter also gave me a ******-plum tree 2 years ago but di blasted ting drop dung and dead! Maybe I watered it too much. Speaking of ******, whatever happened to a young player we once had named Dave "******" Leung?
        Please refrain from racially derogatory terms on the board. Thanks

Comment

Okay!

Dave "plum" Leung.

Better?

Comment

"And who are you !?"

"The name is.. Ling Chu Fe...but then. maybe it's not.. heh, heh..."

Youtube video of the Year Award...

LOL !! WHOEEEE !!

Comment

post the link again fi mi nuh...is a slow morning.....dat was a good one fi chue....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

farmah where do you live?

Comment

On the sunny side of Miami Shores FL; about 4 miles due west of the sea.

Comment

I haven't planted gungo since my Portland days but based on what I remember a little shade is good since it get so hot in Florida. A little water always help in the late evening. it will thrive but water it when you can to get good results.

The gungo will grow, It normally grow under different conditions so I wouldn't worry too much.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL!

Unfair!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for the info. This is my first venture in gungo planting. I've done calaloo, ackee, banana, plantain, guava, citrus, peppa (pepper), mango(es), papaya, coconut and some tomato but never and peas or beans.

Bless.

Comment

i think it will definitley need feriliser and potting soil....the soil in so fl is generally very poor.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah just about anything in America.

you have fi get your soil and your fertilizer involved.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Young man him a step it in ballet
                              Chen Sing him a step it in ballet

I think that was Hugh Burrell 1980/81

Comment

Working...
                              X