Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young women sporting pregnancy

Miss Kitty, Contributor

Lately I've been noticing that quite a number of young women seem to be sporting pregnancy as if it's the new hip thing fi 2K8. It's like they're everywhere and some of those who I see in the embryonic and even late stages of their pregnancy have no need to be pregnant and nuff a dem look like dem caan even spell di word!

Inexcusably irresponsible
    When I assess the economic hardships at present, I find it inexcusably irresponsible for a young woman to be having children that she cannot emo-tionally, financially and psy-chologically care for. Many times, these children are raised and brought up with little love for self and for others and this vicious cycle contributes heavily to the social problems which continue to ravage Jamaica.

Victims of the system
    Many of these young girls want to act like they are the victims of the system when, in fact, the system is a victim of them because even though I will concede somewhat and be em-pathetic to those who genuinely couldn't avoid the situation, nuff a dem go run it down and dem tink say having a child is a rite of passage to their womanhood.

Force-ripe and nuff
    Sometime dem force-ripe and nuff and have dem focus pan di wrong tings because di man is a 'big man' or a 'top man' then they think that their pregnancy is a secured pension scheme for them and by the time dem realise a nuh suh di ting set dem waan fi blame everybody else except themselves.

If you get pregnant one time, wi can say a accident, two time a intention, three time a spite but by di fourth time, you mek pregnancy into a career! How can you be 18 years old with four children or 25 with five (actual reality) and worst of all , you don't even know di babyfadda dem. If a man even trick yuh one time, what kinda clown can you be fi mek man mek a habit of tricking you suh?

You have a next set a women or young girls weh love get pregnant because di man do someting nice fi dem and when mi say nice mi mean like, buy a $100 phonecard or a two-piece meal! What happen to THANKS if a man treat yuh nice. You can politely say THANK YOU as a baby doesn't always have to be his reward, even worst by the first trimester, the donor is nowhere to be found.

The children are the true victims
    Nobody controls where they are born or where they are from and I am cognisant of the fact that one's environment heavily impacts their perception of life and helps to mould them. However, if yuh know that your situation is bad, don't get pregnant repeatedly as the situation is only gonna get worse and at the end of the day, the children are the true victims. We are always sure of the mother but not of the father and at the end of the day, it's not the child's fault. Think before you open and exercise more vaginal vigilance!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

well life imitating "art" .....it's all the rage in hollywood......britney spear likkle sister all in the mix.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
    X