Jamaica Observer Difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Observer Difficulties

Is anyone here having problems with the Jamaica Observer online edition?

No, not me. What kind of problem are you having?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am getting some popups, flagging me to download a Antivirus, also preventing you from exiting the damn AntiVirus, evevn when you choose ignore

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        No, not me. What kind of problem are you having?
        Thanks for replying, Tilla. The problem is that yesterday morning when I clicked on the Jamaica Observer link, I got a virus. The same thing happened when I tried the second time. Fortunately, I have a good anti-virus software, and so I was able to get rid of those viruses.

Now, I'm hesitant to try and check the Observer again, as I'm not sure if the same thing is happening. Now that you say you're not having a problem, hopefully things will be back to normal with that site.

Comment

My message says that I need to insert my microsoft2000 disc. I got that same message two day in a row so I just left The Observer alone.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
            I am getting some popups, flagging me to download a Antivirus, also preventing you from exiting the damn AntiVirus, evevn when you choose ignore
            See, I figured there was a problem! I have an anti-virus already, TDowl, which is probably why I haven't gotten what you've been getting. (Also, I tend to use Explorer as my browser.)

But I don't like this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
              My message says that I need to insert my microsoft2000 disc. I got that same message two day in a row so I just left The Observer alone.
              That's what I'm doing as well, Farmah. It's a pity that this crap is happening during the Olympic Games, as the Jamaica Observer provides bigger, better and more photos than the Jamaica Gleaner!

Comment

Well, hopefully they're aware that there is a virus in their system, and clean out the worms!
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Problem Sorted Out

Apparently, the Jamaica Observer has sorted its problems as everything seems now back to normal. I was able to download and read it in the usual way last night and this morning.

This is the second time over the past five years or six years that I'm experiencing such a problem with the Observer online. I recall several years ago when someone or some group apparently hacked into that newspaper's site, with the result that when one went to the site, all one could see were some frightening images/graphics. That was real scarey! Someone (if my memory is correct on this) claimed that the hacker on that occasion was based in Brazil.

Comment

I also notice that the Gleaner have this stupid Popup, considering that they have so many adds, they should be able do without popups, and if you do not perform a refresh, you will end up exiting all the way out.

Comment

Working...
                    X