I notice that this topic is like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice that this topic is like

hot patty round here. Apparently I'm the only one paying attention to the "infighting" wait .. no thats for the JLP, lets call this Healthy Democracy

SE St Ann MP at centre of bitter dispute

A long running squabble between Member of Parliament for South East St. Ann Lisa Hanna and the constituency's councilors has taken a turn for the worse as the battle heats up ahead of the PNP's internal elections. The bitter dispute escalated after the PNP's appeal tribunal ruled against the eligibility of a large number of groups that are reportedly aligned to the Peter Phillips campaign.

The festering conflict between the first term PNP legislator and councillors in the fiercely loyal PNP constituency has now blown wide open with claims of disrespect and robust demands for apologies.

With battle lines drawn and momentum gathering for the September twenty conference, the relationship between Lisa Hanna and councillors led by the Moneague Division's Lloyd Garrick, has reportedly deteriorated to the point where the two sides are not even on speaking terms.
    RJR understands that Ms. Hanna is insisting that Councillor Garrick apologize to her for going behind her back and registering over one hundred groups in January.

Those groups, which sources say are reportedly aligned to the Peter Phillips camp were not ratified by the constituency executive.
    Ms Hanna declined to comment when RJR News put the question to her.
    However, sources say she is upset that Mr. Garrick violated party rules governing registration of these groups and blamed his actions for the disquiet among constituents.

Sources close to Ms. Hanna, say the young M.P., who supported Mrs. Simpson-Millers' bid for presidency two years ago, has admitted that the current relationship between herself and Mr. Garrick is untenable.
    When contacted, Councillor Garrick quickly went on the defensive and rebuffed Ms Hanna's call for an apology.

“One thing I can tell you, she will not get any apology from Lloyd Garrick, and if I have to sign such letter again that she is talking about apology for, I am willing to sign such again!” he said.

The Moneague Division councillor says the decision of the Appeal Tribunal is causing some anxious moments among groups in the constituency especially since the official nominations yesterday.

Meanwhile, Vice Presidential hopeful and key strategist for the Dr Peter Phillips Camp, Harry Douglas, claimed the exclusion of the disputed groups will not significantly hurt the final outcome of the Presidential polls.
    On Monday August 4, General Secretary Peter Bunting outlined a timetable for the respective campaigns to file appeals with the party's tribunal.
    This will influence the final list of group delegates eligible to vote at the party's annual conference in seven weeks time.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

When unnuh dun , unnuh
    waan say Dr. Phillips ah nuh eediat. Him, Bunting and henry wilson dem is bunch of fools. The PNp will never recover from this split (not in this generation).

Nanny P almost singlehandedly put the JLP asunder now the force is reflected to the PNP. These phds have no vision. Vision would tell them that this divide will end the party.

Dem tink wi ah sit an let them put Nanny P inna one likkle corner, an say come yes run di place? Watch but then again some a werk fi di other team.

Nanny P nuh get no respect cause she neva go UWI or a traditional high school; up in the states nany p would get more respect and the phds would be viewed as clowns.

Mark my word phllips will end the PNP; he is not a visionary nor a strategist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      When unnuh dun , unnuh
      waan say Dr. Phillips ah nuh eediat. Him, Bunting and henry wilson dem is bunch of fools. The PNp will never recover from this split (not in this generation).

Nanny P almost singlehandedly put the JLP asunder now the force is reflected to the PNP. These phds have no vision. Vision would tell them that this divide will end the party.

Dem tink wi ah sit an let them put Nanny P inna one likkle corner, an say come yes run di place? Watch but then again some a werk fi di other team.

Nanny P nuh get no respect cause she neva go UWI or a traditional high school; up in the states nany p would get more respect and the phds would be viewed as clowns.

Mark my word phllips will end the PNP; he is not a visionary nor a strategist.
      Suh wait .... yuh nuh think Peter can run the PNP better than Portia Jawge?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Nanny P almost singlehandedly put the JLP asunder now the force is reflected to the PNP.

i cannot help but feel that the almost is in the wrong place!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ummm, I think he has made it clear that he doesn't think that Phillips can.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nanny P nuh get respect because she is a mindless populist..

"I love poor people"

LOL !

Comment

suh...the more shi keep people poor...di more people shi have fi love?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X