Mo, yes, yes and technically yes yes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo, yes, yes and technically yes yes!

Re "Almost suffered a stroke!?!? How does one almost suffer a stroke? Can you almost suffer pneumonia too? Cancer?!?"

Some cancers like that of the colon and prostate etc can be treated successfully if the patient is lucky enough to have the ailment diagnosed early. Likewise, pneumonia can be averted. A patient with a severe cold and/or flu could develop a case of pneumonia if the patient is given prolonged exposure to certain conditions and the cold and flu symptoms are not treated.

There are varying stages of pneumonia but if the disease is treated before the bacteria spreads from alveolus to alveolus and before the lungs become consolidated (filled with fluid or cellular debris) then recovery usually occurs. Technically speaking, patients who were presented with the early signs and who were fortunate to have had the sickness treated could be said to have "almost suffered" a pneumonia or a cancer.

Now, let's look at what is a stroke, what are the signs of stroke, what are some causes of stroke and what are the type of strokes.

A stroke is essentially a blockage of the arterial blood supply to the brain, where enough (and prolonged) blockage can cause permanent damage to the brain.

The signs or symptoms of a stroke are: numbness (to the face, arm or leg); confusion (in speaking or understanding); vision (loss of sight in one or both eyes); Coordination (trouble walking, dizziness and loss of balance); and in most cases a terrible headache.

Stroke can be caused be genetic pre-disposal, smoking, obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure or rupture due to trauma/injury.

There are at least three types of strokes.

Hemorrhaging - this is due to rupture of a blood vessel in or around the brain caused either by high blood pressure or an injury. When the vessel burst, hemorrage occurs and consequently compresses the local brain tissue.

Ischemic - this occurs when a clot forms in in the vessel (from fat deposit or clogging of the blood itself), travels along the vessel to the brain where, upon encountering a smaller vessel, it is unable to travel further and hence creates a blockage.

TIAs - these are Transient Ischemic Attacks in which the blood flow to the brain is blocked very briefly before the blockage corrects itself and resume the blood flow to the brain.

TIA's (also known as "whispering" attacks or "silent" attacks) do come with the symptoms of a stroke; however, the symptoms go away right after the "almost had a stroke" attack. The patient is sometimes very much aware that something went wrong for a very brief period but many other patients experience this without knowing that they "almost had a stroke." Nevertheless, a close-encounter experience such as TIA should be seen as a warning sign to get immediate check-up followed by prescribed treatment and lifestyle adjustment.

The bigger question however, is should we allow Bungles to suffer a stroke? I say no! If he survives the stroke the court system might be inclined to be lenient with him due to his lack of proper health and inability to amble about as he pleases. Bungles has used the authority of his position to extort, cower and abuse the very people he swore to serve and protect. A stroke is not enough punishment for him. He must be made to receive the full weight of the justice system for the crime(s) he commited against the business sector and the citizens of Jamaica.
    Last edited by Farmah; August 6, 2008, 12:02 PM.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

I have been lectured!

But let's not convict the suspect just yet. If we do we would be no better than the JCF.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo yuh mussi ah Libran! Why yuh want to see Bungles side of the story? Isn't the tapes and marked money enough for the lynching? You're right though, let the system do its work. But ef him eva get off, it gwine be bangarang!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

In fact, I am a Libran! Thanks for pointing that out to me. That explains it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My spidey sense seems to be working. Remind me in late September early October to sing happy earthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            In fact, I am a Libran! Thanks for pointing that out to me. That explains it!
            Now me know why you always mek sense. The world wouldmbe a better place if Librans ruled.

Comment

Lab Pardna....

...yuh ruff like a sanny-paper.

Pop quiz on Monday!!
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Agree 100%, Farmah(soon change hym name again) TANGO, and hym heart clean.

Blessed

Comment

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sing?

check email for mailing address!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unnuh cold wid di sarcasm ting !

LOL !

Comment

One love mi Lab Pardna. Bless Up Rockman!

Comment

Working...
                        X