No announcement yet.

Gangsta fah life charged with assault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangsta fah life charged with assault.

Mavado charged with assault

Monday, 04 August 2008

Popular dance hall artiste David Brooks otherwise known as ‘Mavado' has again found himself in trouble with the law.
    Mavado was Sunday night slapped with assault charges following a fight at a night club in Negril, Westmoreland in which a patron was seriously injured.

He is also charged with using abusive language to the police who tried to arrest him.
    It is reported that at 4am, Mavado had an argument with a patron at the Jungle nightclub in Negril at the annual RTI festival.
    During the dispute, the entertainer allegedly punched the patron in the face.

The man then fell down a flight of stairs and suffered multiple injuries.
    This occurred in full view of several members of the police force, who were monitoring the annual RTI and ATI festivals in Negril.
    Several police officers approached Mavado and tried to arrest him, but he resisted arrest and allegedly used abusive language to the cops.
    To avoid an ugly clash with fans of the artiste, the cops decided not to arrest him on the spot.

He was later spotted at another location in the parish and was apprehended.
    He is to appear in the Savanna-la-mar Criminal Court on August 12 to answer the charges.
    Mavado, who has had several brushes with the law, was recently freed on gun-related charges in the Gun Court.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

"Money doan change we,
    we a money changa
    but if yuh dis we a danger." (Movado)

Well, the patron suppose to a smile and sing another Movado tune,

"Said I was dreamin,
    that I was floatin pon a tousan $ bill,
    Movado punch mi lights out
    mi naah go punk out
    cause mi gonna get rich!

Simply sue that dumb m/fer. Then again, this could be the new means of distributing the wealth.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"To avoid an ugly clash with fans of the artiste, the cops decided not to arrest him on the spot."

and man see Jamaica for Justice as threat?

Them shoulda call in the Army and arrest all a di "so called fans" who wanted to participate.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fight dem a fight di ghetto yute.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I disargee Sass. This is Negril ATI week, creating a mob scene with the police could easily have affected the whole vibe of the event.

I think the police made a wise decision. Movado would not have been hard to find later.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Let me add though, that since he resisted arrest , he should also face additional charges for that. And throw in some more for public disorder and whatever else you can find.

He needs to do about 6 months in jail to cool down for a while.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"Hey Mama, buy a wreath fi yu son...because he $&^% around an' he will die by my gun.."

Comment

More record sales. Do people still buy CDs? Movado - Jail House Style.

Comment

Duppy know who fi frighten. Muss a likkle harmless bredda him go start war wid. Wha mek him neva try summ'n like dat wid addi di teacha?

Comment

Working...
                  X