Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more cops killed..

... while a 3rd being buried.

Condemnation! Two cops murdered Sunday, 03 August 2008 The Jamaica Police Federation has added its voice to those expressing shock and outrage at the brutal slaying of two members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force in St. Catherine Saturday night.

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }Dead are Inspector Dennis Gardener who was assigned to the Hunts Bay Police Station as the Community Safety and Security Officer and Corporal Rodney Henry.

Henry was a Firearms Instructor at the Police Academy in Twickenham Park, St. Catherine.

General Secretary of the Federation, Corporal Hartley Stewart, says the targeting of police officers is orchestrated, as they continue to be a block between gunmen and law abiding citizens.

Corporal Stewart called for the resumption of hanging.

"Extraordinary times call for extraordinary solutions, it is time enough that we do the right and do the bold and do the hard things that are necessary to a semblance of normality," he said.

Inspector Gardener was found dead with gunshot wounds in St. Johns Heights.

Corporal Henry was at his gate in Cumberland Meadows shortly after nine o'clock when gunmen walked up and shot him.

He was taken to the Spanish Town Hospital where he died.

Meanwhile, National Security Minister Colonel Trevor MacMillan has described the slaying of the two policemen as an unfathomable horror.

Senator MacMillan said the fact that the killings came within hours of the burial of another member of the force after he too was killed by gunmen makes Saturday's killings even more dastardly. The National Security Minister asserted however that these evil doers will not succeed as members of the security forces will remain steadfast in carrying out their duties as they continue their fight against criminals.

And Opposition Spokesman on National Security, Dr. Peter Phillips greeted the news of the killing of two more policemen with dismay and anquish.

Dr. Phillips said the brutal killing of the two lawmen is another bout of cowardice on the part of criminals.

He emphasized that the perpetrators of these acts must be hunted down and brought to justice.

He has also called upon the hardworking men and women of the force to hold strain and continue to uphold the principle of professionalism.

Both men also expressed condolences to the families of the slain policemen.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Dennis Gardner? I think he may have been a former St. Ann FA president. Unless its someone with a similiar name. His wife taught me at primary school.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yes he was. Dennis Gardener is my cousin. He was stationed at St Anns Bay for some time. We also lost Rupert Gardener (Inspector) back in June 2002. He was shot and killed by gunmen at a Cambio in Montego Bay.

Dennis is seen here burying his brother, Rupert.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/westernnews/html/20020623t220000-0500_27727_obs_mobay_cop_laid_to_rest.asp

Comment

Originally posted by JaMekAn View Post
        Yes he was. Dennis Gardener is my cousin. He was stationed at St Anns Bay for some time. We also lost Rupert Gardener (Inspector) back in June 2002. He was shot and killed by gunmen at a Cambio in Montego Bay.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/weste...id_to_rest.asp
        Same one! Condolenses JaMekAn. He was very active in the area and whenever he attended matches at Drax Hall he would walk around and chat with the patrons.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sincere condolences to your family, Jamekan.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

my condolenses brethren. It is so sad that this kind of violence have to hit all of us like that.

Keep strong and keep up the faith brethren.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Please accept my sincere condolenses as well, JaMeKan.

This killing of innocent people, including policemen who are merely carrying out their lawful duties, has been going on for far too long! But regardless of that, it still hurts very much when it hits close to home! May God give you and your family strength at this tragic time.

Comment

May he rest in peace. Condolences to you and your family.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

My thoughts are with you at this trying time. Be strong.
                  Peter R

Comment

Sorry fi hear that bredda. Things no nice at all.

Send fi Castro!!! Although him a **************** thru plastic bag now.

Comment

Condolences boss.

Comment

RIP

May their souls RIP. Keep the faith.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X