Breaking News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News

Supt. Harry Daley has been arrested for corruption after being caught in a sting.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

mi nuh matter what anyone one say, more is been done now than a year ago to root out corrupted cops. Good going that suppose to send a message.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      mi nuh matter what anyone one say, more is been done now than a year ago to root out corrupted cops. Good going that suppose to send a message.
      Excellent point Assasin! I agree 100-percent with you on this statement.

Comment

2 questions

What is the evidence for your belief?

To what do you attribute this supposed improved effort?
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Over 50 police have been charged for corruption this year. More than 100% this year if not 200%. This is the first such a high ranking officer have been charge for corruption in Ja.

If that is not enough evidence then there is none
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Former Head of the St Catherine North Police Superintendent Harry Daley otherwise called “Bungles” was this afternoon taken into police custody for breaches of the Corruption Prevention Act.

Assistant Commissioner in charge of the Anti-Corruption Branch, Justine Felice this afternoon confirmed that Daley was arrested following a sting operation in Downtown Kingston.

Daley is the first member of the police officer corps to be charged in connection with breaches of the Act since a major clamp down started in January.

Since the start of this year more than 50 members of the force have been charged with breaches of the Corruption Prevention Act.

Daley who has been associated with some of the country’s toughest crime spots such as West Kingston and Spanish Town in St. Catherine, is the most senior.

According to the Constabulary Communication Network members of the Anti-Corruption Branch conducted a covert sting operation in downtown Kingston earlier today and arrested Daley.

However no detail of the operation or the actions which led to the arrest of Daley were provided.

ACP Felice was equally terse when he spoke with the Gleaner/Power 106 News refusing to add anything to the two paragraph release from the police communication unit.

But sources close to the investigation say Daley was held after he was seen receiving money which had been marked and recorded by the police.

Daley was last in the news in June when he was involved in an altercation with a member of the Jamaica Defence Force during a police/military operation in Spanish Town.

At that time it was reported that the solider pointed his gun at Daley who was head of the St. Catherine North Police Division and who was not aware of the massive operation in the area under his command.

In the aftermath of that incident Daley was transferred to the Detention and Courts Division in what many described as a demotion.

That was not the only controversial transfer involving Daley.

In 2002 he was sent to head the West Kingston Police Division after a flare up of crime in the area.

Two years later he was transferred to St. Catherine North sparking a protest by residents of Tivoli Gardens, Denham Town and other communities who credited him for a sharp reduction in the level of violence in those areas.

Source: Gleaner/Power 106 News | Print Version | More News | addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'gleaneronline';

Comment

and you attribute this to the change of govt., right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Two years later he was transferred to St. Catherine North sparking a protest by residents of Tivoli Gardens, Denham Town and other communities who credited him for a sharp reduction in the level of violence in those areas.
                hmmm...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and you don't right?

I made no such statement. I am just taking about the facts and that in my view it is positive because so many time I have come on this forum and talk about corrupted cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    or the mad dogs and englishmen who I believe run that anti-corruption unit?

I think he believes it's the new admin... I sensed pride blooming in his post.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      What then? Global Warming?
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Where did I attribute it to the New Admin?

SHOW ME WHERE.

Comment

Where did I attribute it to the New Admin?

SHOW ME WHERE.
                          calm down. I was not definitive about that. I just said I sensed your blooming pride and now that I think of it... your heart aflutter at this victory!

Comment

Hell no, I don't attribute this to the change of govt.! Weird if you do!

Just wondered why the defensive start to your post - "mi nuh matter what anyone one say..."

What's that about?

Why do you think more cops are being arrested now?

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

demonstrate how it is due to the new govt.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X