hell yeah, the crime plan is weak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hell yeah, the crime plan is weak...

certainly with the existing crime situation in jamaica, this crime plan does not go far enough... its a band-aid solution...

btw, why did this take so damn long anyway... argument for another thread...

NEW ANTI-CRIME MEASURES INCLUDE:
    . Minimum 10 years for gun crimes.
    . Criminal suspects can be detained for 72 hours.
    . Denial of bail for serious crimes for up to 60 days.
    . Majority of nine jurors of 12 can decide on non-capital murder.
    . Police to get access to restricted information.
    . Use of DNA evidence.
    . Testimony from secure and remote locations.

i would have wanted to see first, real legislative and judicial proposals, addressing issues like witness intimidation, perverting the course of justice...

minimum 10 years for gun crimes, just dont go far enough... that should be just for illegal possession... what about ammunitions possession...

possession with intent to commit a crime should also be outlined... even more severe...

an actual crime committed with a gun should be separate charge of over 25 yrs... the punishment for the crime itself shoud be added on...

malicious wounding should be 25 yrs to life...

what about extortion... however minor should be at least 30 yrs mandatory...

what about conspiracy to extort and murder... that should be 30 yrs plus the additional charges... dons ordering their cronies should be sentenced to life WITHOUT the possibility for parole...

people who commit serious crimes should not be granted bail... well, bail could be granted but it should be way higher and with more surities than what they are currently...

EVERY person who is arrested for a weapon violation or any other violent crime should be booked, fingerprinted, dna and picture taken and placed in the data base where it will remain permanently... repeat offenders should not get any bail until their case comes to court... people who abscond should NEVER be granted bail...

every jamaican should have ONE national id and ONE number... drivers should have a license with their national id number... if they dont have id in their possession, they should at least know their number...

stings operations for organized gangs and law enforcement... time kingfish step up the fight...

possession of fraudulent documents - passports, id, drivers license mandatory 5 yrs...

damn, these are just a few things that need to be addressed...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Damn Baddaz you woulda year how them wicked and how a ghetto youth alone a go a prison. Some people already a bawl that them only a address punishment and it nuh involve no prevention.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      certainly with the existing crime situation in jamaica, this crime plan does not go far enough... its a band-aid solution...

btw, why did this take so damn long anyway... argument for another thread...

NEW ANTI-CRIME MEASURES INCLUDE:
      . Minimum 10 years for gun crimes.
      . Criminal suspects can be detained for 72 hours.
      . Denial of bail for serious crimes for up to 60 days.
      . Majority of nine jurors of 12 can decide on non-capital murder.
      . Police to get access to restricted information.
      . Use of DNA evidence.
      . Testimony from secure and remote locations.

i would have wanted to see first, real legislative and judicial proposals, addressing issues like witness intimidation, perverting the course of justice...

minimum 10 years for gun crimes, just dont go far enough... that should be just for illegal possession... what about ammunitions possession...

possession with intent to commit a crime should also be outlined... even more severe...

an actual crime committed with a gun should be separate charge of over 25 yrs... the punishment for the crime itself shoud be added on...

malicious wounding should be 25 yrs to life...

what about extortion... however minor should be at least 30 yrs mandatory...

what about conspiracy to extort and murder... that should be 30 yrs plus the additional charges... dons ordering their cronies should be sentenced to life WITHOUT the possibility for parole...

people who commit serious crimes should not be granted bail... well, bail could be granted but it should be way higher and with more surities than what they are currently...

EVERY person who is arrested for a weapon violation or any other violent crime should be booked, fingerprinted, dna and picture taken and placed in the data base where it will remain permanently... repeat offenders should not get any bail until their case comes to court... people who abscond should NEVER be granted bail...

every jamaican should have ONE national id and ONE number... drivers should have a license with their national id number... if they dont have id in their possession, they should at least know their number...

stings operations for organized gangs and law enforcement... time kingfish step up the fight...

possession of fraudulent documents - passports, id, drivers license mandatory 5 yrs...

damn, these are just a few things that need to be addressed...
      This is a legislative agenda, NOT a crime plan.

Murder has the death penalty in theory, but those stats are going thru the roof.

A crime plan is OPERATIONAL and can be underpinned by legislative changes.

I for one reject the National ID out of hand, as that is truly open to local and global abuse.

Comment

yes willi... what i have outlined is mostly legislative... i think i said taht at the beginning of the thread...

i would have wanted to see first, real legislative and judicial proposals
        our prime minister should not be in operations...

Comment

tough... thats what leaders are for... golding is still acting as if he is campaigning for an election...

guess what, he was already elected as prime minister... now make the tough decisions that will make the country better... at the end of his term, his grade will be the result of the election...

leaders have to lead...

Comment

If those are maximum sentence then fine.
            If a minimum it kinda steep still.

Did you link up wid Mark? I was asking where in GA you were?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

for deterrence punishment has to be tough and harsh... there is no other way...

btw, no i did not get to link with mark... i was in henry county... strong possibility of being there again soon...

Comment

OK, we agree then. Cool, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                X