Gents, Thanks for opening my eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gents, Thanks for opening my eyes

and all the time I thought "Silicon Valley Economists" was a metaphor...whew! now I'm up to date.

pr
    Peter R

Suh yuh nevah know seh Silicon Valley Economists was describing Economists based in Silicon Valley ???

Look like wi really need to bring in di Patois.. di English ting look too tricky fi some...

Comment

sign mi up fuss!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sign mi up b4 fuss!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Please do, I thought it was like saying "Blue Mountain Tea".

pr
          Peter R

Comment

yuh mean "kauphy tee".....mi sure them grow mint, bissy (kola nut) and cerasee in blue mountain.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True enough, Dilmah probably have a small plantation going tuh, but is ongle Maudib could tell yuh whe... Metaphorically speaking, I actually like the term Silicon Valley Economist (yuh kno' innovative, outside the box thinkers, cutting edge etc.etc.) and hence my disappointment at finding out the truth. sigh.

pr

pr
              Peter R

Comment

many times!

Comment

Silicon Valley to the average person apparantly means 'Software Engineers'. It is a rather naive and simplistic view but understandable...However, I was informed that the proper protocol is to specify exactly where in Silicon Valley the economists come from.. it makes a big difference

LOL !!!

Comment

Noone is preventing you from applying that metaphor.

To some it means Software Engineers...

The only thing that is actually important is what it meant to Jawge...

The clamour regarding the term is rather fascinating however....

Comment

Working...
                    X