Cabinet to decide on cutting free air travel for MPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet to decide on cutting free air travel for MPs

The Minister with direct responsibility for Air Jamaica Don Wehby is on Monday expected to ask Cabinet to sanction a cut in the perks given to Members of Parliament.

Mr. Wehby has reportedly proposed cutting from four to two the number of free first class trips provided to MPs, Senators and their spouses.
    It is reported that the long term plan is to phase out the policy of providing free seats.

Mr. Wehby who is a Minister in the Finance Ministry, has been put in charge of bringing the national carrier out of the red.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Love to see this happen! I guess they going to vote against their farin health insurance too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Third world politicians certainly have a lot of benefits! Mi wonder if mi can run for MP one of these days for the rasta party.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Check with Mosiah....

Heh, heh... him duh a Bruce pon dem..

Comment

Yuhseeit! Mi a look bigger garrison dan di Nyabinghi yard dem promise mi.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Love to see this happen! I guess they going to vote against their farin health insurance too!
            So Mosiah, who pays for the farin health insurance, is it tax payers or the individuals, who have it Enquiring minds need to know.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

As far as I know, taxpayers, me and you...erm...me, pay for their health insurance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X