Jamaican Patois Bible Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold on likkle bit!!!

Is Maudib actually endorsing a program that was created at the Intellectual Ghetto of Mona?Why you decide fe visit us in the slums regarding this particular issue?

De Cassidy sistim gi mi per hedaych! De fe fin annida one fe adap!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Suppose the idea is not so much to teach the classes in patois (practically impossible anyway with the text books being in English) but an effort to better prepare the students to learn in English by making the assumption that patois is thier natural method of communication? By that I mean maybe actually having lessons in "conversational English" or whatever it would be called.
      Sorry, but I do not understand.

...better prepare the students to learn in English by making the assumption that patois is thier natural method of communication?

How is an assumption like this will better prepare them to learn English?

Lessons on conversational english? So you mean they discuss english is patois?

Anyway, let me leave this thing alone. I do not think this would be serving the best interest of our students.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Because it would teach them English (to an extent) as if it were a second language and not thier first language. So yes, they would be taught English from the perspective of a patois speaker.

That's not a very radical change at all in my view.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Seems a perfect program for the Intellectual Ghetto.

Yuh don't think ?

Comment

Working...
          X