What would be your reaction if you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be your reaction if you

went to a restaurant, ordered from the menu and got this? Well, I for one would ask whey di ress deh?

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

"whey di ress deh".....

mi si seh people a try use some amount of elitism wid di patois.....yuh glad fi write ih...but a fight 'gainst standardization....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      "whey di ress deh".....

mi si seh people a try use some amount of elitism wid di patois.....yuh glad fi write ih...but a fight 'gainst standardization....
      I talk patios everyday and not ashamed of it. Just see it as ridiculous for wanting to teach it in schools? Note, using it for drama, poetry, literature is fine .. anything else is a waste of time. Wha kinda standardization yuh want? All a we learned in English ... why unuh waan mek today's children more confused than they already are?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You are going to make children more confused by teaching in the language they speak ???

Hmmmm...

Comment

Poor, unrefined, cunchri, Lazie. You would only be served such a meal as part of a 5 course dinner. By di time yuh get to here, yuh belly full! And desert and coffee nuh come yet!

Go out sometime, Lazie. Give the Colonel a break!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no by making them write it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Poor, unrefined, cunchri, Lazie. You would only be served such a meal as part of a 5 course dinner. By di time yuh get to here, yuh belly full! And desert and coffee nuh come yet!

Go out sometime, Lazie. Give the Colonel a break!
              ... is every menu yuh look pon yuh want dem appetizer or desert? Furthermore ... mi nuh drink coffee.

I'm very much comfortable with the cunchri label.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                You are going to make children more confused by teaching in the language they speak ???

Hmmmm...
                I've stepped away from this comical debate bout teaching in patios. You and the rest can keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  no by making them write it.
                  And learn how to spell and punctuate and use proper tense and on and on. Di same ting dem have problem wit now in English.

Comment

Working...
                  X