• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's the problem?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am just clearing up Bricky confusion.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No they teach English
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But don't they already know patois? I'm confused

Comment

Yet the other variations exist. Same ting wid patwah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Yet the other variations exist. Same ting wid patwah!
              Define "standard patois". Thanks.

Comment

I am not the expert.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

good escape clause.

So the uptown university professors a go force standard pon the people?

What is new?

Comment

Lemme help you. Standard patois would be the patois spoken by slaves.

Comment

hence the need for it to be standardised..yuh ever read "ye olde englishe" whey more used to write inna?!!

anyway...this is going round in circles...some people don't think it should be formalised, others do. i accept that. i belong to the group which "thinks outside the box" and DARES to suggest that patois should be formalised and taught.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                      X