Canadian airline exec to head Air J Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian airline exec to head Air J Board

RJR News has been informed that Canadian-born airline executive David Banmiller is to be the new President and Chief Executive Officer of the cash-strapped national airline Air Jamaica.
    Confirmation is expected to come by Tuesday afternoon when the airline's new Board of Directors is announced.
    According to information reaching our news centre, Mr. Banmiller will be included on a smaller Air Jamaica Board which will still be led by Shirley Williams.

There were reports last week that Miss Williams would remain as Chairman but would have reduced powers.
    It is expected that former Board members Richard Byles and Paul Lalor will also continue as Directors.

Mr. Banmiller is no stranger to Air Jamaica.
    Five years ago, he was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
    After a short stint, he left to lead the struggling Hawaiian carrier Aloha Airlines through Chapter Eleven bankruptcy.
    Mr. Banmiller reportedly earned a reputation as being a tough airline executive who could get quick concessions from employees and take a carrier through bankruptcy.

It is said that after one month on the job at Aloha Airlines, he reduced the company's top management by 36%.
    However, our news centre has been informed that reports of Mr. Banmiller's appointment have not gone down well with some union officials.
    There are reports that union representatives who were not impressed with his performance at Air Jamaica have expressed concern that he might not be able to correct the problems facing the airline.
    Mr. Banmiller's appointment comes as the Government prepares to divest Air Jamaica.

The administration has set a March 31st deadline to complete the privatisation exercise.
    Minister Without Portfolio in the Finance Ministry Senator Don Wehby who has direct responsibility for Air Jamaica is expected to divulge details of changes at the airline when he addresses Wednesday's post Cabinet press briefing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Well them get what them ask for. New and better manager.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Joke bizniz. Watch!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well Webly have fi get serious cause nobody but Butch nah buy it as it is now and Butch only want it fi rent.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Him fi get serious and sell it to di Chinese, whether dem want it or not! Or give it to Danville fi manage!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dem shoulda send Chambers there !!

Comment

The Chinese a nuh idiot. You think them want two hundred pilot who a siddun and wait pon flight fi come eeen.

I think the buyers may have said, we will buy it but you have fi deal with your problems first.

Comment

Was going to say that but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Him woulda definitely pass yuh color test....

Comment

Working...
                  X