Gen. Wesley Clark has finally touched a topic I've been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen. Wesley Clark has finally touched a topic I've been

curious about. Lets see how this play out.
    McCain campaign: Clark's comments 'sad'

Sen. John McCain's campaign on Monday called retired Gen. Wesley Clark's remarks that McCain lacks command experience "the lowest form of politics."

Clark, a military adviser for Sen. Barack Obama, questioned Sunday whether McCain's military experience qualified him to be commander in chief.

The McCain campaign has called on Obama to condemn the comments.
    "I think it's kind of sad," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said Monday on CNN's "American Morning."
    "I think all the promise that Barack Obama made about trying to change the political dynamic and run a different kind of campaign is evidenced by the fact that he's completely changed his political strikes and become sort of a partisan hack."

Davis added, "Sending Wesley Clark out as a surrogate for your campaign and attacking John McCain and his war record and his military experience and his service is, I think, just the lowest form of politics."
    The dust-up began Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation" when moderator Bob Schieffer asked Clark about a recent interview with the Huffington Post Web site in which the general called McCain "untested and untried."

Clark said he was referring to McCain's experience, or lack thereof, in setting national security policies and understanding the risk involved in such matters.

"I certainly honor his service as a prisoner of war. He was a hero to me and to hundreds of thousands and millions of others in the armed forces as a prisoner of war. And he has traveled all over the world. But he hasn't held executive responsibility," said Clark, a former NATO commander who campaigned for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004.
    "He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall. He hasn't seen what it's like when diplomats come in and say, 'I don't know whether we're going to be able to get this point through or not,' " Clark said.
    Schieffer noted that Obama did not have any of those experiences either nor he has he "ridden in a fighter plane and gotten shot down."
    "Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president," Clark said.

McCain spent more than five years as a prisoner of war after being shot down during the Vietnam War.
    The McCain campaign responded quickly to Clark's remarks with a statement Sunday afternoon.

"If Barack Obama wants to question John McCain's service to his country, he should have the guts to do it himself and not hide behind his campaign surrogates," retired Adm. Leighton "Snuffy" Smith said in the statement.
    "If he expects the American people to believe his pledges about a new kind of politics, Barack Obama has a responsibility to condemn these attacks."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Obama better leave it alone.

In America you don't want to touch a military man especially if you have never served or is a liberal democrat.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Obama better leave it alone.

In America you don't want to touch a military man especially if you have never served or is a liberal democrat.
      Well, as mi say, Wesley Clark brought it up. Now mek we hear some answers nuh?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

who you think them a go answer? Clark or Obama?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

who you think them a go answer? Clark or Obama?
          Well, dem nuh affi answer .... dem can simply ignore it nuh true.

Comment

that they won't do.

Comment

You know how this thing work Sas. Especially a military man that actually saw combat and was a POW.

Mek Clark and other generals fight that battle with Mccain.

Obama knows to stay far from it, keep praising McCains service and lick him pon the other issues.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Watch McCAin a go try put it on Obama now. Obama just have to say it is unfortunate and stay clear of it.

I have been watching the spin doctors fi a long time now, Carvel, Karl Rove etc.

Comment

Watch McCAin a go try put it on Obama now. Obama just have to say it is unfortunate and stay clear of it.

I have been watching the spin doctors fi a long time now, Carvel, Karl Rove etc.
                  Whats unfortunate about it?

Comment

It is unfortunate because...well because thats what he has to say.

Or he may say he regrets the comment or he distances himself from the comment or some other thing that politicians say.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      It is unfortunate because...well because thats what he has to say.

Or he may say he regrets the comment or he distances himself from the comment or some other thing that politicians say.
                      ...even if Gen. Wesley Clark is the VP candidate? The only issues McCain have the upper hand is on War sorry .. Security and Foreign Affairs. Am I missing any?

General Wesley Clark as a VP candidate wouldn't have all the right to question McCain's leadership regarding security?

Comment

If he is the VP he has to be more restrained as it will be classified as a direct attack from the ticket.

Comment

Obama rejects comments

from huffingtonpost.com article.....

"It would be great if he would condemn those remarks and condemn Wesley Clark from making this kind of outrageous attack, but the reality is, it is clear that Senator Obama's... words don't really match up with the reality of how he has run his campaign."

Less than an hour later, Obama did just that, issuing a statement through spokesman Bill Burton: "As he's said many times before, Senator Obama honors and respects Senator McCain's service, and of course he rejects yesterday's statement by General Clark."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            from huffingtonpost.com article.....

"It would be great if he would condemn those remarks and condemn Wesley Clark from making this kind of outrageous attack, but the reality is, it is clear that Senator Obama's... words don't really match up with the reality of how he has run his campaign."

Less than an hour later, Obama did just that, issuing a statement through spokesman Bill Burton: "As he's said many times before, Senator Obama honors and respects Senator McCain's service, and of course he rejects yesterday's statement by General Clark."
                            Wait ... I don't believe this hero thingy as to me Americans love to label people hero. But ... isn't Wesley Clark a "hero" as well? I'd think Wesley Clark and any other military leader is in a position to question McCain.

Obama better be careful how him dance. Dem soon start issuing terror alert pon a weekly basis.

Comment

He is not a "war hero" the way McCain is. There is a big difference.

The military thing is a big deal in the American culture from when General Washington himself was rallying the toops against the British to this day.

Comment

Working...
                              X