No announcement yet.

'Criminalise gang membership'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then it has to be defined, and intelligence will play the major role in that.

It could just be another means or rounding up people.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You first have to admit to it right?

You have man a Jamaica say them a Taliban so lock them up too.

When you join Al-Queda you do some intiation and application process right?

There is a big difference and that is one of the reason the US had so many problems solving Jamaican crime gangs here.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We believe this new tool will be effective in dismantling street gangs now and in the future," he said.
        One advantage it will provide is allowing police to go after gang leaders who command their underlings but are otherwise removed from street-level crime, he said.

Big difference here OJ.

Comment

yeah but it must be realistic.

Comment

here is a subset of the canadian legislation.
            Criminal Code PART XIII: ATTEMPTS — CONSPIRACIES — ACCESSORIES
            Definitions

467.1 (1) The following definitions apply in this Act.
            “criminal organization”
            « organisation criminelle »

“criminal organization” means a group, however organized, that
            (a) is composed of three or more persons in or outside Canada; and
            (b) has as one of its main purposes or main activities the facilitation or commission of one or more serious offences that, if committed, would likely result in the direct or indirect receipt of a material benefit, including a financial benefit, by the group or by any of the persons who constitute the group.
            It does not include a group of persons that forms randomly for the immediate commission of a single offence.
            “serious offence”
            « infraction grave »

“serious offence” means an indictable offence under this or any other Act of Parliament for which the maximum punishment is imprisonment for five years or more, or another offence that is prescribed by regulation.
            Facilitation

(2) For the purposes of this section and section 467.11, facilitation of an offence does not require knowledge of a particular offence the commission of which is facilitated, or that an offence actually be committed.
            Commission of offence

(3) In this section and in sections 467.11 to 467.13, committing an offence means being a party to it or counselling any person to be a party to it.
            Regulations

(4) The Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing offences that are included in the definition “serious offence” in subsection (1).
            1997, c. 23, s. 11; 2001, c. 32, s. 27.

Comment

this is very defined and you notice the "serious offense".

When them loosely say them a go after gang without the proper legislation it is a problem.

I have no problem with this as it is written.

Comment

agreed it must not leave anything to interpretation. Funny thing is the law as it his written would implicate a whole heap of Jamaican politician and police if applied there.

Comment

Working...
                X