No peace deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Me nuh understand how forumites a gwan like this is the first peace treaty ever signed in JAs inner city.
    Well, maybe its bcuz I'm a country boy ... but I've always seen it as stupidity. The gunmen must be apprehended and brought before the courts. What kinda peace treaty?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, it is not meant to be an alternative to arresting gunmen or solving the long-term crime problem! Maybe thats where this particular set of area dons got it wrong too. Massop, Bucky Marshall, etc signed peace treaty back in the day too and Massop got bout 75 gunshot from the police soon after.

It is a way to give a communities temporary relief from escalating violence against each other or amongst themselves. If you live in that community that police can't protect you would long for some kind of peace treaty too.

OJ ask if them think is the Middle East? Well, is not that different.

Consider this, in 2008 there has been an average of 20 civilian casualties per day in Baghdad and the population is about 7 million. Whats the population for Kingston and how many killings per day were there last month?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

it's not but the last one i remember was when jacob miller sang "peace treaty is going on hurrah, hurrah" i recall my father kissing his teeth and calling it foolishness because of the menatility of the people involved....but i was an uninformed likkle yute den.....

dis one mi really put some thought into it and it really is a sad reflection on our society....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sad fe true but real, very real.Certain communities in Jamaica live under a different set of rules and laws.

The breaking point for me was when them did lock up Zeeks and the people rush the police station, and them haffe beg Zeekes to come out and calm the hostile crowd.

If that is not ceding power to the street dons I don't know what is. The regular justice system does not apply to those communities, they have thier own.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

mi think a only Tivoli had their own.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But isn't this the first one with legitimate govt. agencies and organizations, incl. the police?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That would be ignorant of you. Not even naive, but IGNORANT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who said that?

There are more PNP communities like that than JLP today. Tivoli was the prototype though.

You know, the other day I was watching a CNN program about Iraq and why the level of violence has gone down recently, and one of the reporters in iraq said that one of the things they have done is totally separate the communities into exclusive Sunni , Shia, etc communities , and then build high walls between the communities, effectively isolating them from each other because they said thats the only way to prevent genocide.

As I listened I thought , that sounds like Kingstons garrison communities to me.

Comment

Yes, thats my point, it is silly to do it with the police and the govt involved. No wonder they thought it was some kind of amnesty, why else have the state reps present?

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      There are more PNP communities like that than JLP today. Tivoli was the prototype though.
                      ...and the mother of them all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        So pray do tell, which GARRISON is the father of them all? If there is a modda, there must be a fadda some whey
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Which garrison is the most violent in Jamaica?

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You tell me. And after yuh dun ansa dat, tell mi which one is the most guarded and secretive.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X