No peace deal!

I think Rockman makes a valid point though.

If you going to try a peace treaty then it is clearly silly to have the police there. Thats like a pastor having a confession session with lawyers or police in the room.
    Well .. as I see these so called peace treaties as silly already. Dem remind me a the movie Blue Streak when Martin Lawrence tell Dave Chappell's character he is going to have to arrest him ... then Chappel's character replied, "I'm keeping mah gun though!"

Way ahead of you, had the police swarm down on the meeting and arrested everyone..that would be fear game.
      The peace treaty was important enough for the media and Mark to be there, but it never happened, why?

The people living in those communities see it as the only solution, police couldn't help, religion..., tell that to them. A month, a week, a day more of peace they are desperate for. The peace treaty is a desperate attempt...

It's probably better than nothing. That's the sad part! But it really seems quite silly and quite fragile.

The people living in those communities see it as the only solution, police couldn't help, religion..., tell that to them. A month, a week, a day more of peace they are desperate for. The peace treaty is a desperate attempt...Blessed
            Well maybe the law abiding citizens in those communities should turn on the war lords and "bun" them out! Law enforcement can't/not helping, and war lords will only cease warring when they are granted ETERNAL SLEEP!

this is a disgrace.. How can you have peace deal and you dont have civil war. Lock up all a dem ****************************************.. Where dem tek this fa Lebanon...

me three...should he have accepted the demands?

is it a confession? is the "war" a secret that nobody knows about? this was not a truth and reconciliation committee.....

suh what the men remain wanted and if police si dem on the road the next day after the "peace treaty" could they be arrested or are they now immune from arrest?

"fear" maybe okay, but it should be "fair"

Absolutely, as you stated it is not truth and recon......
                      They would continue to hide from the police with the difference of course being they would not war with each other.

well den ...mi nuh get ih...

Is not a peace treaty between gunmen and agents of the state, it is between warring gangs of the community.When Garden man and Matthews lane man a sign peace treaty, police nuh deh deh, in fact Zeeks get bite during a peace treaty, and so did Dudus.

To test this treaty, I am going to August Town later this evening to hang out by a bar and drink a couple cold ones with the residents. It's been years that I haven't been able to do that. It's good to know that I can now see some long-lost friends!

suh why dem publicise it? dem coulda sign it in private why choose uwi? they want to have it both ways.

Me nuh understand how forumites a gwan like this is the first peace treaty ever signed in JAs inner city.