So, no reaction from the masses? Only Baddaz,

• So, no reaction from the masses? Only Baddaz,

Mosiah and Lazie touch it. Afterall, we always a discuss the crime issue ... The PM put forward some proposals to address the crime problem, the most controversial is the extended dention proposal. Whats the reaction of the masses to such a move?

Sounds like a scratch record to me. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but we have traveled this path before. I am interested in results, and not so-called new proposals, new strategies & new crime plans that will bear little fruit.

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Sounds like a scratch record to me. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but we have traveled this path before. I am interested in results, and not so-called new proposals, new strategies & new crime plans that will bear little fruit.
      So are you for or against the extended detention?

I support it, but there needs to be credible evidence before a person is arrested & detained. Too often we hear someone is arrested for a serious gun crime (ex. Movado) and then the Crown decides not to press charges due to insufficient evidence.

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          I support it, but there needs to be credible evidence before a person is arrested & detained. Too often we hear someone is arrested for a serious gun crime (ex. Movado) and then the Crown decides not to press charges due to insufficient evidence.
          Well, in many cases the witnesses don't turn up as in the case with Movado.

We don't have the quality police for that yet.

So are you for or against the extended detention?
              My answer: Against any detention without just cause!
              However, am for 'DISARM and the BUD strategy'!

That's not answering the question, Karl. All detentions should be for just cause. The question is whether the detention period should be extended.

Those people have basically stripped me of almost every right I have, I refuse to give up what little is left.If my memory serves me correct, few dacades ago, the detention argument was said by the JLP to be the excuse the PNP used to detain people for being supporters of the JLP. Detention is the GOvt. way of imprisoning someone without getting a jury or judge to give the verdict.
                  You have no reason to charge someone you should release the person, build yuh case nuh!

Extended for how long?

Is the current period identified as a hindrance to crime suppression or successful prosecution?

Increasing the time can really lead to the police getting up to less than proper policing I fear.

pr

Well pick your choice, holding in a cell or holding the body in a morgue.

Well if you are going to afford me that right,it has to be one you(think you) have, as myopic as it is.I have the right to more options.
                        And of course, the JCF made a choice, they choose to promote shotta cops as oppose to the deserving...,we have a brutal force in lieu of an intelligent one, but JP will pick up the slacks, tan deh!

Last edited by Rockman; June 24, 2008, 08:16 AM.