RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bruce golding needs to demonstrate leadership...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruce golding needs to demonstrate leadership...

he has to be bold... jamaica in 2008 is not jamaica of 1976... he cannot allow himself to be strangled by outside forces who weren't elected by the people...

instead of this piece-meal crime solutions proposal he offers, he needs to put forth a comprehensive solution that addresses the bail issue, not just saying longer detention period before charges... the issue is allowing gun & ammunitions and murder suspects to be granted bail... in a crime ridden society, the most serious criminal violations need to be meted with the most serious punishment... and that begins from arrest to conviction in the strictest sense...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
    he has to be bold... jamaica in 2008 is not jamaica of 1976... he cannot allow himself to be strangled by outside forces who weren't elected by the people...

instead of this piece-meal crime solutions proposal he offers, he needs to put forth a comprehensive solution that addresses the bail issue, not just saying longer detention period before charges... the issue is allowing gun & ammunitions and murder suspects to be granted bail... in a crime ridden society, the most serious criminal violations need to be meted with the most serious punishment... and that begins from arrest to conviction in the strictest sense...
    Well ... NNN played his speech in parliament the other day and his press conference. He did address the fact that it is ridiculous that a man that is charged for "4 murders" was out on bail causing problems while the police is still investigating the case.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He is talking a lot of sense on the bail issue. We have long wondered on this forum how some people, serial convicts even, can be out on bail for yet another suspected crime.

I am distancing myself from some of the recent human rights organisations' utterings. I am prepared for some inconvenience but not any inconvenience, so the JFJ can continue to do their job to make sure the govt. don't just run all over us. But if my car has to be searched every morning on my way to work, by decent police officers, then I would not have a problem with it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X