So Lazie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lazie

Nuff woman support Hillary because she a woman and did a try fi break the glass ceiling.

So what is wrong with my support for Barack because, him black and him a somebody me would like my kids look up to?

You see the double standard?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Nuff woman support Hillary because she a woman and did a try fi break the glass ceiling.

So what is wrong with my support for Barack because, him black and him a somebody me would like my kids look up to?

You see the double standard?
    Both stance is ridiculous. We should be electing our leaders based on their competence and not based on their gender, race nor age. A 2008 now man.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh right, but yuh not keeping it real!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie a hide from the truth.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who said it was a double standard though? It is what always happens to some extent, people identify with candidates they have something in common with.

One of the last points I heard Tim Russert make was about this very thing with Obama and blacks. He said in 1960 when his Irish-Catholic father put a Kennedy sign in the yard, he asked him why he was so excited about this particular candidate, and his father said "he is one of us".

Before Kennedy there were a lot of reservations about electing a Cathlolic president. Now it wouldn't even be mentioned.

The other point which needs to be made it is that not every black candidate would get the support Obama is getting from blacks, so clearly its not race above everything else why they support him. I don't see Condi or Alan Keyes pulling 90% of the black vote in any kind of election.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lazie a hide from the truth.
            Really? We label those who mek it clear they're not voting for Obama because of his race ..RACIST ... suh what should those who insist on voting for him based on his race be considered?

Obama is trying to keep away from the race issue ... tek a note of that.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

try telling Lazie that. That is the point I hve been trying to make to Lazie.
              I have to support the candidate I feel connected too and If I had girls instead of boys just maybe they could convince mi fi vote Hillary.

In a society that we are looking for positive role model for youngsters in the black community, I have to give Obama my support.

If I was a retired veteran then maybe McCain woulda get my vote

Comment

try telling Lazie that. That is the point I hve been trying to make to Lazie.
                I have to support the candidate I feel connected too and If I had girls instead of boys just maybe they could convince mi fi vote Hillary.

In a society that we are looking for positive role model for youngsters in the black community, I have to give Obama my support.

If I was a retired veteran then maybe McCain woulda get my vote
                Yuh like grabbing at straws don't it?

Comment

what Straw. I told you from day one that I support Borack because I have two boys and I know my history and what my race have been through and still going through.

He is qualified even if he doesn't have the most experience and I have to support him.

Nuff a unnu don't even know where he stands on the issue but fraid to admit that unnu a support the man because he is a qualified black man.

Comment

what Straw. I told you from day one that I support Borack because I have two boys and I know my history and what my race have been through and still going through.

He is qualified even if he doesn't have the most experience and I have to support him.

Nuff a unnu don't even know where he stands on the issue but fraid to admit that unnu a support the man because he is a qualified black man.
                    The perfect role model for your sons should ... well .. look in the mirror. Don't forget that Obama is a politician. Wha yuh ago tell yuh boys fi him get caught in a "Monica Lewinski" scandal?

What issue are you talking about? You are aware that there are multiple issues being debated? I don't claim to have all the answers, but based on what I've read on his site, Hillary's site, factcheck.org, listening to programs like Verdict, Countdown etc, the debates ... well .. I suggest you do the same.

Comment

If that a him only problem it is not a biggie.

I am a role model, can't say perfect, but it takes a village.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Who said it was a double standard though? It is what always happens to some extent, people identify with candidates they have something in common with.

One of the last points I heard Tim Russert make was about this very thing with Obama and blacks. He said in 1960 when his Irish-Catholic father put a Kennedy sign in the yard, he asked him why he was so excited about this particular candidate, and his father said "he is one of us".

Before Kennedy there were a lot of reservations about electing a Cathlolic president. Now it wouldn't even be mentioned.

The other point which needs to be made it is that not every black candidate would get the support Obama is getting from blacks, so clearly its not race above everything else why they support him. I don't see Condi or Alan Keyes pulling 90% of the black vote in any kind of election.
                        Good talk!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The ultimate thing to be when one grows up as an American is the president. So, while I'm sure you are a great role model, sass, you sure ain't the president. Nothing wrong in having Obama added to your boys' list of role models.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X