Highway 2000 toll increase on the horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway 2000 toll increase on the horizon

Cabinet has given the green light for an increase in the toll for Highway 2000.
    The matter was discussed by Cabinet Monday and approval given for an adjustment.

Minister of Transport, Mike Henry, said the new toll will be implemented as soon as the necessary paperwork is completed.
    "The toll has to go through the process...today Cabinet approved my presentation on the toll and I will have to come back here to the Ministry and set the procedures in motion," said Mr. Henry.
    Last month RJR News reported that the new rate is expected to take effect on July 1.

The Transport Ministry said the delay in announcing the increased toll was due to negotiations with the operators of Highway 2000, to have them amend a section of their contract.
    The Ministry requested that the operators consider an amendment which would allow for an annual revision of the toll rates instead of every six months.

The operators agreed to the change.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Cabinet has given the green light for an increase in the toll for Highway 2000.
    The matter was discussed by Cabinet Monday and approval given for an adjustment.

Minister of Transport, Mike Henry, said the new toll will be implemented as soon as the necessary paperwork is completed.
    "The toll has to go through the process...today Cabinet approved my presentation on the toll and I will have to come back here to the Ministry and set the procedures in motion," said Mr. Henry.
    Last month RJR News reported that the new rate is expected to take effect on July 1.

The Transport Ministry said the delay in announcing the increased toll was due to negotiations with the operators of Highway 2000, to have them amend a section of their contract.
    The Ministry requested that the operators consider an amendment which would allow for an annual revision of the toll rates instead of every six months.

The operators agreed to the change.
    Lazie: Yuh nah lead de-man-stray-shan?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

menstru....karl whey yuh really trying fi seh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X