PNP President backs JUTC workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP President backs JUTC workers

People's National Party president Portia Simpson Miller has blasted the government over what she described as the unfair treatment being meted out to Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) workers.

Speaking to party supporters in St. Ann on the weekend, Mrs. Simpson Miller says the Opposition is prepared to defend the rights of the JUTC workers.

"We got promises of jobs, jobs, jobs and instead of jobs we are seeing lay offs, lay offs, lay offs. Look at JUTC, how can you advertise for people to apply for jobs which you are sending home people for," she said.

"We will not allow you to treat the Jamaican people with contempt. I was Minister of Labour and I know the industrial laws do not say you must treat people the way you are treating the JUTC workers," she continued.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

What unfair treatment is Momma on about ?

The Layoffs ?

Comment

I got caught in the PNP rally on in St. Ann (Brown's Town) over the weekend. Chuss mi, the election campaign is in full swing!

Portia was at her regal best, blowing kisses to the crowd from her luxury minivan's sunroof. She stopped at the market and proceeded to meet, greet and kiss the embracing public. Meanwhile, I can't move as my car is blocked in by her entourage.

I took the time to hail up my former schoolmate, Dr. Michael Whittingham, the PNP's representative in that constituency who surprisingly lost the seat to the JLP candidate. Look for a reversal if elections are called soon! Also there was Luther Buchanan, the PNP MP from Westmoreland, the brother of another schoolmate of mine.

After about 45 minutes of music (Forward Portia, forward!), dancing and smooches, the caravan moved on and I could go on about my bizniz!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X