"6-to-10 Inches Total: This Is Rain, Not Snow"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "6-to-10 Inches Total: This Is Rain, Not Snow"

A line of severe storms rolled through the Milwaukee area, late this afternoon, dropping at least five inches of rain, some tornadoes, and baseball-sized hail in about four hours. There are downed trees, power lines, and minor property damage, but no reports of injuries.

More rain is expected tonight, and another line of severe storms now in
    western Wisconsin and eastern Iowa is expected to roll through Sunday.

Several low-lying areas are flooded, and all of southern Wisconsin is under a flash flood warning.

One local TV weatherman said he expected 6 to 10 inches total rain accumulation....."sounds like I'm forecasting a snow storm"

I was attending the Wisconsin girls' high school soccer championship at Uihlein Soccer Park just up the road from my house. The Division 1 (largest schools) championship match was stopped at 4 pm due to lightning with five minutes remaining in the second half.

Milwaukee Divine Savior/Holy Angels was leading Waunakee 1-0. The storm continued until at least 8:30 pm. I do not know if the final five minutes were played. I left after the game was stopped.

just try to be safe bruce... your neck of the woods appear prone to some extremes in weather...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
    X