Wind Farms for Energy Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Farms for Energy Generation

When I was chilling out in Costa Rica the other day, I noticed they are using wind power to generate electricity. This is sumtin we should explore in Ja.

See report on RI wind farm initiative.

7 companies submit proposals for R.I. wind farm

PROVIDENCE, R.I. --Seven developers have submitted proposals to build an energy-generating wind farm off the coast of Rhode Island.
    The project proposed by Gov. Donald Carcieri is expected to cost up to $1.9 billion. But if completed, it is expected to supply up to 15 percent of the state's electricity needs.

Friday was the deadline for bids. Jerome Moynihan, the state's administrator of purchasing systems, says the contents of the bids will not be released to the public until the state has awarded a contract.
    Three of the companies making proposals are based in Rhode Island. One is based in Texas.
    The governor will now choose a team of state officials to examine the proposals. The examiners will try to narrow down the proposals and invite the top contenders for interviews.
    A final decision is expected by the end of the summer.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

what about solar power... that would even be more ideal for jamaica... i think more new construction should have solar power provisioned...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Jamaica already has a wind farm. And Munro College installed a turbine over 10 years ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What percentage of the current grid usage is supplied by these 'Wind Farms' ?

Comment

Do your own research.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dats what mi doing.. researching.

What better source dan here ?

Comment

Bredda Mo, mi nuh think yuh overstand mi point. Mi doubt we have used wind farming to its greatest potential in Ja.

I agree solar power would do wonders fi us in Jamaica. Solar power, wind farming, E85 (85% ethanol) for fuel and a comprehensive energy strategy is our best bet.

Fi unuh info, the University of Minnesota is studying E85 conversion kits for automobiles, and E85 is about $1.00/gallon cheaper than gasoline.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

apart from gordon house......does jamaica have a wind farm?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

But no one is saying that we have maximised our potential for wind farming. But I think we have made a decent start.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL !

That is the effect of 18 years of PNP..

There is nothing decent about our current situation as it pertains to alternative energy.

A firing squad would be more appropriate for the charge of high treason against those that held the reigns of power for almost 2 decades.

Comment

What did the JLP government do about it in the 80's? We were just coming off the 70's shortages and gas hikes.

No need to respond, because it's clear you do not have a sensible answer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is a wind farm in Manchester, the winmills are visible from Santa Cruz or from the Alligator Pond area.

Windmills were the order of the day when Cane was king, some old ones can be seen in Hanover and St James.

Comment

What exactly is 'IT' in the 80's ? The Oil Glut ?

Ask a sensible question.

Comment

heh heh... and it hot to'

pr
                            Peter R

Comment

heheheheeeeeee
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X