Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'

As silly as this is, this demonstrates how a country that has no gun culture behaves. Yet, every day we talk about zero tolerance, without having a clue as to what even zero means. And Mavado and others can sing about "marrow on ceiling" while we debate whether or not it influences people. I applaud this stand by the Heathrow authorities.

Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'

Brad Jayakody changed his T-shirt before boarding the flight

A man wearing a T-shirt depicting a cartoon character holding a gun was stopped from boarding a flight by the security at Heathrow's Terminal 5.
    Brad Jayakody, from Bayswater, central London, said he was "stumped" at the objection to his Transformers T-shirt.
    Mr Jayakody said he had to change before boarding as security officers objected to the gun, held by the cartoon character.
    Airport operator BAA said it was investigating the incident.
    Mr Jayakody said the incident happened a few weeks ago, when he was challenged by an official during a pre-flight security check.
    I was just looking for someone with a bit of common sense

Brad Jayakody

"He says, 'we won't be able to let you through because your T-shirt has got a gun on it'," Mr Jayakody said.
    "I was like, 'What are you talking about?'.
    "[The official's] supervisor comes over and goes 'sorry we can't let you through and you've a gun on your T-shirt'," he said.
    Mr Jayakody said he had to strip and change his T-shirt there before he was allowed to board his flight.
    "I was just looking for someone with a bit of common sense," he said.
    "It's a cartoon robot - what threat is it to security or offensive to anyone at all?"
    A BAA spokesman said there was no record of the incident and no "formal complaint" had been made.
    "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it, for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it," he said. "We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category. "If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

What gonna happen? The character gonna transform into real life? I think thats over reacting.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, di way it stay now, anything that promotes gun violence, and I mean anything, zero tolerance, should be banned from Jamaican society. That includes Mavados songs and movies from farin. Straight!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Lazie, di way it stay now, anything that promotes gun violence, and I mean anything, zero tolerance, should be banned from Jamaican society. That includes Mavados songs and movies from farin. Straight!
        Well something wrong wid me then. I love action movies .. stuff affi blow up, ppl affi get shot up .. I'm not a violent person. I listen to some of those music (some tek it too far), I'm not a violent person.

Growing up I've been hearing that politicians been giving gun to the "youths" for them to use on each other. Maybe true, but these ********s nuh tek no responsibility fi dem actions?

People need fi stop beating round the bush and call a spade a spade.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

flying on an airplane is a right or a privilege?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dat is you, Lazie. When I listen to ghetto yutes talk, nuhbody can tell me dat dem nuh tek some of dese entertainers as dem father-figure and role model. Di reason dem nuh bow is because Shabba say dem shouldn't. Di reason why dem muss chop a bwoy in dem face if dem disrespect is because some dj said that in a chune, etc., etc.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie don't you think the things yours and my generation did have an impact on the violence that is going on today?

You can't preach shooting everybody when there is easy access to guns, some man a go think you mean it. It only take a hitmaker to become an idol aka semi god.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Dat is you, Lazie. When I listen to ghetto yutes talk, nuhbody can tell me dat dem nuh tek some of dese entertainers as dem father-figure and role model. Di reason dem nuh bow is because Shabba say dem shouldn't. Di reason why dem muss chop a bwoy in dem face if dem disrespect is because some dj said that in a chune, etc., etc.
                " Di reason dem nuh bow is because Shabba say dem shouldn't" Nuh tek dem word fi it.

If a DJ say fi guh hang yuhself ... yuh a tell me dem gonna dweet? People need fi start tekking responsibility for their own actions and start blaming music and movies. I may be the only one here with that view ... but a suh.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Lazie don't you think the things yours and my generation did have an impact on the violence that is going on today?

You can't preach shooting everybody when there is easy access to guns, some man a go think you mean it. It only take a hitmaker to become an idol aka semi god.
                  I guess every generation is responsible except the generation of today. If our youths are so gullible, I pray to God those who preach bout 72 virgins nuh land a yaad.

Comment

The artist them tek the word from the street is not the street get the word from the artist, if the artist not in touch with the streets nobody nuh waan hear him

Comment

The yutes them need a stabilizing force in them life, the ends take over from the family

Comment

at least there father will be around and be the best father he can be and give them choices. Many of them in the streets don't have that instead them have elders a give them gun and man a preach and sing the importance of killing others.

Is that you call gullible or a systematic approach to doomsday?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          at least there father will be around and be the best father he can be and give them choices. Many of them in the streets don't have that instead them have elders a give them gun and man a preach and sing the importance of killing others.

Is that you call gullible or a systematic approach to doomsday?
                          Suh we gonna continue blaming others for the irresponsible actions committed by thugs? Do you blame Steven Speilberg and other film makers as well?

When we gonna get serious? We blame movies, music, video games politicians, previous generations ... what about those committing the act? You never watch a shoot em up movie yet? How much people yuh did kill?

Comment

Low the artist them, cable, carib an tv have more violence and sex than the whole catalogue of dancehall . As mi say too much fatherless yutes whe have some man a tell them weh fi do, a orders them work wid, from them cronies say so it fi goh dem nuh question it, them lose them way from them touch puberty

Comment

You're correct, it's not just one thing that has an influence on youths..nonetheless thay all add up. It matters not where the artistes get the words, they are the spreaders of it... this can be positive if the message is positive, and negative if the message is negative. Why do I say negative? because my son has said things to me which indicate he has been influenced by the music but he hasn't questioned enough.

pr
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X