Are the GOP campaigners copying the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the GOP campaigners copying the

slogan used by the Obama campaign? During that speech last night which is an ideal cure for insomnia, I noticed a banner behind McCain that says, "A Leader We Can Believe In!"

Ummm ... where have I seen that before? Oh .. yes .. the numerous banners and placards at Obama events that says, "Change We Can Believe In!"

Personally, I'm looking forward to the debates between McCain and Obama. With the b!tchslap he got last night ... it nuh look too pretty fi McCain. Expect dem fi start bringing up Rev Wright again.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

obama is already dictating the buzzwords....as he did with hillary...."yes we will"...oh no you di'nt!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

McCain's Rough Opening Night

By Holly Bailey
      John McCain has finally united his party--at least when it comes to how people feel about his ability to deliver a speech. The presumptive Republican nominee is getting some scathing reviews from his fellow GOPers for what they have described as his less than fantastic address Tuesday night in New Orleans.

First, it was the subject of a long debate on Fox News. “This is John McCain at his oratorical best?” asked host Brit Hume. The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol, also on Fox, agreed. “If this election is about speeches, Obama wins,” he said. “If it’s about a record of service, McCain wins.”

The reviews haven’t been any kinder at National Review’s blog, The Corner, where writer Andy McCarthy poses a rhetorical question this morning: “Would you rather, a) watch last night’s McCain speech or b) be waterboarded?” Columnist Johah Goldberg writes that “substance aside” Obama “crushed” McCain in all the other ways that matter. “Aesthetically, politically, rhetorically, etc, it boiled down to Godzilla versus Bambi,” Goldberg writes. “And, amazingly enough, McCain was Bambi.” Editor Kathryn Jean Lopez, meanwhile, says McCain needs some “screaming girls” behind him. “Ok, I’ll just settle for proof people are awake at the end of his speech,” she adds.

Not everyone is blaming McCain. Yuval Levin, a former domestic policy adviser to George W. Bush, points his finger at the speechwriter, longtime McCain wordsmith Mark Salter (whom Levin doesn’t name). “The speech was not written for John McCain," Levin writes. "The formality and the forced repetition are not elements he can pull off. The speech called for a sustained precision of pitch and volume that has never been part of McCain’s rhetorical repertoire. It was just written for someone else. McCain’s speeches don’t have to sound this bad, and don’t always sound this bad.” Levin did find something to praise, however. “It reads pretty well, which is start,” he admits. “It was in any case the only genuine substantive development tonight.”
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

We will hear about Rev Wright and a lot more Chicago people.

I have to disagree about McCains chances though. He really does appeal to a number of center-left groups with his liberal views on immigration, global warming and Big Oil. The right wingers cuss him every day, but as Hannity says, conservatives will disagree with McCain half the time but disagree with Obama 100% of the time.The battle will be in the center, right where most of those Hillary voters are.

I think the odds are dead-even right now.

I just don't know if the Democrats are going to be able to unite enough to take him on.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

and if the odds are dead even now...what more could obama ask for as a starting point?!

he started WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY behind hillary....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes that is true. Different demographic now though, different test.

One thing is certain, he has run a campaign like nobody has before up to this point, so it will be really interesting.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

that was the worse speech ever with some old tired people and one black dude..

Comment

Working...
              X