Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commissioner’s resignation rumours eating away at gov’t’s im

Commissioner’s resignation rumours eating away at gov’t’s image

The People's National Party said it is extremely concerned about reports that Police Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin has decided to call it a day.

Opposition Spokesman on National Security, Dr. Peter Phillips, said this is likely to further erode confidence in the Government's ability to handle the Security portfolio.
    And political observers say news of the Police Commissioner's resignation will affect the image of the Bruce Golding administration.
    Lecturer in the Department of Government at the University of the West Indies, Dickie Crawford, believes the departure of Rear Admiral Lewin less than a year after his appointment could send the wrong signal to the public.

Political Analyst Kevin O'Brien Chang said the Commissioner's resignation will give the impression that the Government is struggling to manage issues involving National Security.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

this is true....i would label this as a crisis situation given the recent stats on crime especially murders.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

thats is a fair assumption. It seems even the leadership in Jamaica is fickle... I think this says more about Lewlyn than Golding. He is a failure..

Comment

yeah but bruce has to be held accountable.....that was his appointee..if nothing else it shows poor judgment on bruce's part.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

isn't the Police service commission the one that appoints the commish?

The PM nuh have nuh role inna it if I have it right.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i think he makes the recommendation, if i have it right. if i have it wrong then i will be guided accordingly.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              i think he makes the recommendation, if i have it right. if i have it wrong then i will be guided accordingly.....
              Uh? Isn't it the PSC that makes the recommendation to the GG? The PM doesn't come into it.

Time!!! Its your time.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Regardless is an issue of Bruces admin and he does shoulder the blame. I think much of jamaica problems starts with the attorney general. He need some new laws that will help..

Comment

i will be guided on that score....in any event it reflects on him...like it or not!

Comment

bruce was instrumental in him staying and i'm saying that this is how man deal wid accountability! this is why i initially said that it would reflect badly on bruce...and bruce stepped in. what happens next remains to be seen but bruce did the right thing at that juncture!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X