• John Issa sued for 'hate mail' against 'Butch' Stewart

John Issa sued for 'hate mail' against 'Butch' Stewart

Monday, June 02, 2008

HOTELIER John Issa, founder and chairman of Superclubs Resorts, has been slapped with a massive lawsuit for publishing a defamatory e-mail against the Caribbean's leading hotelier, Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, his long time rival.

Stewart is claiming damages, interest and costs against Issa for publishing a libellous e-mail, which was purportedly written by a "Dr Paulette Robinson" and addressed to Stewart's daughter, Jaime Stewart. Issa published the e-mail to attorney Raymond Clough.

The e-mail which is the subject of the lawsuit, is one of several sent by "Dr Paulette Robinson" to numerous recipients "in what can only be regarded as a venomous attack on 'Butch' Stewart, his family, organisation and staff", a spokesman for the Sandals Resorts chairman said.

Stewart, in the claim filed last month, alleged that Issa maliciously "intended the publication to anonymously disparage and denigrate him by having the defamatory material republished as a letter written by one Dr Paulette Robinson".

By intentionally destroying his reputation and that of Sandals, Issa would gain an improper business advantage for Superclubs, Stewart said in the suit.

The barrage of hate e-mails caught the attention of the international travel press and has been construed by a leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly, as "a vicious e-mail smear campaign on the island against the Stewart family".

It is widely believed that "Dr Paulette Robinson" is a pseudonym used by the author of the e-mails.

I saw one of them that Siccko posted cross suh.

it was rough.

I hope ISSA had nothing to do with this.

Indeed, why are our leading businessmen fighting so?

Crab in a barrell fi true.

Can't understand exactly what really is "republished" in this incident, and whether ISSAtoo along with the publisher is responsible. I gather there is no evidence(no reason to believe()that ISSA was the author...

hhhhhmmmmmm

Those gracious businessmen without any agendas

Look like Mosiah and Don1 tekking it tuh di next level !!

John Issa sued for 'hate mail' against 'Butch' Stewart

Monday, June 02, 2008

HOTELIER John Issa, founder and chairman of Superclubs Resorts, has been slapped with a massive lawsuit for publishing a defamatory e-mail against the Caribbean's leading hotelier, Gordon 'Butch' Stewart, his long time rival.

Stewart is claiming damages, interest and costs against Issa for publishing a libellous e-mail, which was purportedly written by a "Dr Paulette Robinson" and addressed to Stewart's daughter, Jaime Stewart. Issa published the e-mail to attorney Raymond Clough.

The e-mail which is the subject of the lawsuit, is one of several sent by "Dr Paulette Robinson" to numerous recipients "in what can only be regarded as a venomous attack on 'Butch' Stewart, his family, organisation and staff", a spokesman for the Sandals Resorts chairman said.

Stewart, in the claim filed last month, alleged that Issa maliciously "intended the publication to anonymously disparage and denigrate him by having the defamatory material republished as a letter written by one Dr Paulette Robinson".

By intentionally destroying his reputation and that of Sandals, Issa would gain an improper business advantage for Superclubs, Stewart said in the suit.

The barrage of hate e-mails caught the attention of the international travel press and has been construed by a leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly, as "a vicious e-mail smear campaign on the island against the Stewart family".

It is widely believed that "Dr Paulette Robinson" is a pseudonym used by the author of the e-mails.
            This is hilarious.... as well as fascinating soap opera.

Issa published the e-mail to attorney Raymond Clough. - What does this mean? Published the email??

Good thing Butch can respond with with the Newsletter carrying this self serving "news" impugning another of his rivals.... as well as responding with a lawsuit.

Now we see the true role of the free press.

well dis bigga dan me...previously there was an allegation that a sandals link was redirection browsers to super clubs...there were also allegations that a tele # which said "sandals" was actual superclubs.....

any way.....as mi seh dem bigga dan me an' nuh haffi count how much rice grain dem a put inna di pot!

well dis bigga dan me...previously there was an allegation that a sandals link was redirection browsers to super clubs...there were also allegations that a tele # which said "sandals" was actual superclubs.....

any way.....as mi seh dem bigga dan me an' nuh haffi count how much rice grain dem a put inna di pot!
                mine yuh get served!

Issa published the e-mail to attorney Raymond Clough. - What does this mean? Published the email??

Good thing Butch can respond with with the Newsletter carrying this self serving "news" impugning another of his rivals.... as well as responding with a lawsuit.

As I said, the email exists. I saw it cross suh. C=Sickko posted it.

Free Press ?

What is that ?

It is no secret that Butch and Issa have been at it now for a while. It only surprising now because them a fight against the giants.

Let mi see how this play out. Them man yah think business a war.

Dastardly!! That racist, exploitative, self serving, slave driver who has caused the murder rate to increase exponentially is at it again!!

Soon, no doubt, his devious ally Father Ho lung will come with desperate spin to try and confound us more. But Don1 will be there to enlighten and protect us!

God bless you Don1 for your courage and conviction to speak out in the face of so perilous a terror. Don't despair, that you appear to be some kind of bad minded, insignificant and petty fool with your chancy conjecture and your simplistic (and patently incorrect) conclusions. Your bravery, in the face of such obstacles is truly magnificent and I am sure that Butch quivers in his shoes and retreats further into that dungeon of torment you condemn him to every time you post here.

but what dem don't know is that war is a business.....i'm sure that is what the sphinx from "mystery men" would have said......

Dem fi dismiss this frivolous lawsuit. Mi waan know how Butch has been libeled in this manner

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                              Dastardly!! That racist, exploitative, self serving, slave driver who has caused the murder rate to increase exponentially is at it again!!

Soon, no doubt, his devious ally Father Ho lung will come with desperate spin to try and confound us more. But Don1 will be there to enlighten and protect us!

God bless you Don1 for your courage and conviction to speak out in the face of so perilous a terror. Don't despair, that you appear to be some kind of bad minded, insignificant and petty fool with your chancy conjecture and your simplistic (and patently incorrect) conclusions. Your bravery, in the face of such obstacles is truly magnificent and I am sure that Butch quivers in his shoes and retreats further into that dungeon of torment you condemn him to every time you post here.
                              You may be right but somehow I think thou doth protest a tad too much. With all due respect to the Bard.