If Hillary doesn't bow out of the race by the end of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hillary doesn't bow out of the race by the end of

the week when Obama passes the delegate count required, there is only one conclusion I can make: she wants him to lose so she can try again in 4 years.

And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    the week when Obama passes the delegate count required, there is only one conclusion I can make: she wants him to lose so she can try again in 4 years.

And that is exactly what I expect to happen.
    There was a skit on SNL where the actress playing her listed some characteristics that most don't know about her. The first was, "I'm a sore loser!" .. I think they got that right.

Hillary's attitude is if she isn't the democratic nominee, its better if McCain wins. Pundits are saying she should be given the VP spot ... can Obama really afford to do that?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Pundits are saying she should be given the VP spot ... can Obama really afford to do that?
      Does he want a sure win?
      ...and...
      Can he win if he does not have her on the ticket?

I am thinking that at today's date it looks when you examine the Electorial Map (The only map that counts)...he loses to John McCain. Throw Hillary into the mix and he wins!

...ofcourse what polls say today can...after he has not the distraction of Hillary competing but rather assisting...change!

The real question for him to answer is - Why gamble?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Does he want a sure win?
        ...and...
        Can he win if he does not have her on the tickeet?

I am thinking that at today's date it looks when you examine the Electorial Map (The only map that counts)...he loses to John McCain. Throw Hillary into the mix and he wins!
        Hillary needs to get out of this race and get behind Obama .. the sooner the better.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Hillary needs to get out of this race and get behind Obama .. the sooner the better.
          Why Hillary must?
          It has been a long time now I have been hearing Hillary must for Obama? What about Obama for Hillary...and his own good?

..because Obama is in a real sense for each of us - me, myself and I? That argument is nonsense! Which one of us would, in a situation like this, forget our ambitions and give to another with nothing in return?

The call is unreasonable, selfish and stupid! Hillary a nuh suh-mady pickney tuh?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why Hillary must?
            It has been a long time now I have been hearing Hillary must for Obama? What about Obama for Hillary...and his own good?

..because Obama is in a real sense for each of us - me? That argument is nonsense! Which one of us would in a situation like this forget our ambitions and give to another with nothing in return?

The call is unreasonable, selfish and stupid! Hillary a nuh suh-mady pickney tuh?
            Hillary is a typical crab in a barrel. How come you cannot see that? What do you mean by Obama for Hillary? At times discussing anything with you becomes irrelevant. Guh check the delegate count nuh? That edit yuh comical post bout Obama for Hillary.

Comment

Hillary is a typical crab in a barrel. How come you cannot see that? What do you mean by Obama for Hillary? At times discussing anything with you becomes irrelevant. Guh check the delegate count nuh? That edit yuh comical post bout Obama for Hillary.
              I just cannot believe you?

Is the race close? has Hillary proven that at the very least on her own she would win?

So Obama to get the nomination had to defeat her? ...and to win in November he must get her to stop running ASAP? Right?

What is it he wants? The presidency?
              What is it she wants? The presidency?

Why must she give up on her hopes to suit him? Tell me on God's green earth what is in it for her? ...and why should she not reasonable get something for her efforts?

I bet you that if you introduced me to a client and monies were made you would like me to show my appreciation for what you did? ...and I bet you that if I did not you would not work to have me receive more clients?

Well what is so different from Obama wanting Hillary's help! Wanting Hillary to give up on her ambitions to 'suit' him? ...and that ambition is much more valuable than any appreciation anyone who you introduce to a client can give. ...but you would expect appreciation for proividing such assistance...but not Hillary?

What if Hillary was the front runner and Obama was exactly in her place? Close race...Hillary needed him to get out and support? What would be your thoughts then...if Hillary offered nothing?!

I'll tell you what your thoughts would be - What a wiked an racist, wutliss oman dat?

...but then you are a JLPite...nothing is good and or right and or correct unless said by or coming out of the JLP. The exact same thing done by...coming out of...or done by the PNP is horrible?
              What utter rot!

Comment

How many times she wants to move the goal posts? What was the purpose of busing all those people to DC on Saturday?

You and Terry McAuliffe sound alike. Obama MUST ... but there is a loophole for Hillary? If she end up being given the nomination ... McCain has a better chance of getting my vote.
                Last edited by Lazie; June 2, 2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

yuh is a MAD man!!!! otherwise I will have to assume the worst!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If she publicly says she is interested in the VP, he wouldn't have a choice really if he wanted to have a chance to win.

So far it seems to me that she doesn't really want the VP, she wants the presidency and nothing less.

But again it could just be a political calculation on her and Bills part to make sure she gets the VP position. If she bows out after this week and joins the Obama team then I can understand her actions. But if she takes it to the convention and beyond then bwoy that would forever tarnish both her and Bills reputation.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Clinton Puerto Rico Win Doesn't Revive Nomination Bid
                      Catherine Dodge 32 minutes ago

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- Hillary Clinton's uphill bid for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination suffered further blows after a compromise in a dispute over Michigan and Florida delegates barely enabled her to chip into Barack Obama's commanding lead -- and low turnout in Puerto Rico ended any chance of winning the popular vote overall.

With just two primaries remaining tomorrow, Obama is almost certain to win the nomination even with Clinton's 2-to-1 victory in Puerto Rico yesterday. The Obama camp said it expects this week to get the 2,118 delegates needed to clinch the nomination at the Democrats' August convention, and many experts agree.
                      ``It's more than likely that within a week or two that Senator Obama will have enough votes to claim that he's going to be the nominee,'' Democratic Senator Carl Levin of Michigan, who is neutral in the race, said on CBS's ``Face the Nation'' yesterday.
                      ``Her candidacy is dead,'' said Julian Zelizer, a public- affairs professor at Princeton University in New Jersey.
                      Coming into the weekend, Clinton trailed Obama by 200 delegates. A party compromise on seating delegates from the uncontested races in Michigan and Florida, which were stripped of their delegates for holding early primaries, netted Clinton little more than two-dozen pledged delegates. Under the ruling, each delegate from the two states will get a half a vote.
                      New York Senator Clinton's win in Puerto Rico put her on track to pick up about two-thirds of the 55 delegates at stake there.
                      Delegate Count
                      Overall, she may have had a net gain of as many as 50 delegates over the weekend, leaving her at least 150 behind Obama, an Illinois senator. There are just 31 pledged delegates at stake in tomorrow's contests in South Dakota and Montana, making Clinton's task next to impossible. Moreover, all of the movement of so-called superdelegates -- who are drawn from party leaders and lawmakers and aren't bound by voters' preferences -- is toward Obama.
                      He picked up endorsements from two more superdelegates today and has at least 2,072 delegates overall, 46 shy of the number needed for the nomination; Clinton has at least 1,914. There are fewer than 200 uncommitted superdelegates, and most are likely to go to Obama, along with the majority of those from Montana and South Dakota.
                      Popular Vote
                      Clinton's supporters argue that she is winning the popular vote. Yet going into Puerto Rico, she trailed Obama by more than 275,000 votes. Those figures include the votes in Florida, where the candidates agreed not to campaign. They don't include the results from Michigan, where the candidates didn't campaign and Obama took his name off the ballot.
                      In Puerto Rico, Clinton scored a net gain of fewer than 150,000 votes, leaving Obama with an overall lead of 125,000, more than enough to offset any gains she may make in South Dakota or Montana.
                      Clinton yesterday continued to predict she would win the most popular votes, though such assertions aren't likely to carry much weight after this weekend.
                      ``I will lead in the popular vote; he will maintain a slight lead in the delegates,'' she said at a rally in San Juan, Puerto Rico, adding that the race would come down to the superdelegates.
                      While vowing to fight on, she hinted that could change. ``I'm sort of a day-at-a-time person,'' she told reporters aboard her campaign plane after the Puerto Rico primary. ``We'll see when Tuesday and the day after Tuesday comes.''
                      Unity Pledge
                      Obama, 46, has taken on the air of a general-election candidate. Speaking at a rally in Mitchell, South Dakota, he said he called Clinton, 60, to congratulate her. He said the Democrats would be able to put their differences aside in time to take on the presumptive Republican nominee, Senator John McCain of Arizona.

Clinton ``is going to be a great asset when we go on to November to make sure we defeat the Republicans,'' Obama said.
                      The Democratic Party committee's ruling May 31 to give the Florida and Michigan delegations half a vote was a disappointment for the Clinton campaign.
                      Clinton supporters said they were satisfied with the Florida decision. They raised the prospect of a floor fight at the convention over the way the Michigan dispute was resolved, saying Obama was awarded too many delegates.
                      Michigan Results
                      Clinton's campaign chairman, Terence McAuliffe, left open the possibility that the senator would ask the convention credentials committee to overturn the decision on the Michigan delegates.
                      ``We are going to keep our options open,'' he said yesterday on ABC's ``This Week'' program.
                      McAuliffe wouldn't say whether Clinton would concede if Obama wins enough delegates this week to reach the 2,118 threshold.
                      Obama's communications director, Robert Gibbs, predicted the contest may soon be over.
                      ``Sometime this week, we'll probably have a nominee for the Democratic Party,'' Gibbs said on ``This Week.''
                      Obama has picked up more than three times as many superdelegate endorsements as Clinton in the past three months. At the start of the nominating contests Jan. 3, Clinton had 169 superdelegate endorsements to Obama's 63, according to the Associated Press. ``It's pretty clear that once we get past the primaries, Obama will be very close to the new magic number,'' said David Redlawsk, a political-science professor at the University of Iowa. ``The pressure is on superdelegates to announce.''

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        yuh is a MAD man!!!! otherwise I will have to assume the worst!
                        I'll tell you this...I find it that it is only Jamaicans who do not want to pay for servicies and or gifts given in a professional setting. It is always "let off fi mi nuh"...and most often they would have to be on their 'death bed' and thinking about 'scoring points' for the here-after to give anything.

It is crazy...I tell you!
                        Lazie and you, on this, just re-inforced the 'give me...I want...but I shall not give one thing in return' way too many of us think.

In my mind that is a narrow selfish way to live! In fact, I try my best to operate on as close as I can to always giving back whenever I receive. I never go...at least I try to never go on the 'me before all others'...'take and never look back' attitude. I may...in fact, I am sure I never always succeed...but I try!

Comment

I'll tell you this...I find it that it is only Jamaicans who do not want to pay for servicies and or gifts given in a professional setting. It is always "let off fi mi nuh"...and most often they would have to be on their 'death bed' and thinking about 'scoring points' for the here-after to give anything.

It is crazy...I tell you!
                          Lazie and you, on this, just re-inforced the 'give me...I want...but I shall not give one thing in return' way too many of us think.

In my mind that is a narrow selfish way to live! In fact, I try my best to operate on as close as I can to always giving back whenever I receive. I never go...at least I try to never go on the 'me before all others'...'take and never look back' attitude. I may...in fact, I am sure I never always succeed...but I try!
                          Damn!!!! Is there anyone that can translate what Karl is attempting to say? ....

Comment

Damn!!!! Is there anyone that can translate what Karl is attempting to say? ....
                            It is a selfish view...and or not reasonable stance...and or unrealistic (i.e. crazy - contrary to gamma's stance on this one; a nuh mi crazy! ) to expect Hillary or anyone in her position to step aside without getting something in return.

Shorter and more to the point?

Comment

It is a selfish view...and or not reasonable stance...and or unrealistic (i.e. crazy - contrary to gamma's stance on this one; a nuh mi crazy! ) to expect Hillary or anyone in her position to step aside without getting something in return.

Shorter and more to the point?
                              .. and you started off accusing others of having a selfish views ... for not accommodating Hillary's selfish position? Di you have coffee this morning or coffee liquor?

Comment

Working...
                              X