I wasn't aware that "don" is the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't aware that "don" is the

other name for contractor. Why all these dons end up being contractors?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

How else you expect them to provide work for the "skilled labour" at their disposal.

Comment

Now ... we've come full circle. I recall as a boy a certain Anthony Brown and George Flash were wanted men. Word is they fled to Cuba .. and it was while watching a DVD about Jamaican gangs I realized that these 2 men were back in Jamaica.

Now, these names are popping up again with what is happening in East Kingston and to my amazement women in the community are speaking of him as if him is some hero.

Auggh boy.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You think it easy for Police to catch hero? Every gun man was a "good yute" or a man who was "respected by everyone".

Comment

Just try fi brake construction in nuff areas in Jamaica, and next ting one of the "area leaders" representatives will contact you to hire one of his skilled employees.

This happen to a brethren sometime ago, and he had three choices.
          1)Tell the "area leader" to go to hell, and risk leaving his wife as a widow, and his kids without a father.
          2)Employ a skilled construction worker from the area leader's crew as a supervisor.
          3)Contact the cops and ask for protection, and he would eventually have to put the cops on his payroll.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X