'No disrespect to Bounty and Alliance' - Beenie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'No disrespect to Bounty and Alliance' - Beenie

Moses 'Beenie Man' Davis says he wants to set the record straight, as recent reports in the media have suggested that he mocked members of the Alliance, namely Bounty Killer and Mavado, during their absence at the 'Best of the Best' show held in Miami on Sunday.

Ridiculed Bounty
    According to reports, the deejay ridiculed Bounty Killer and the Alliance when he went onstage and said, "See it deh, some a dem nuh have no visa. Bounty caan guh a foreign again."
    It had been reported in THE STAR (Saturday, May 24) that Bounty Killer would not be appearing on the 'Best of the Best' show, due to an inability to get a work permit application processed at the United States Consulate in Kingston in time for the show.
    However, when contacted, 'The Doctor' said he meant no disrespect to Bounty or members of the Alliance by his comments and performance of 'Alliance songs'.
    "Nuh represent mi guh represent fi di man dem. A entertain mi guh fi entertain, an' mi like fi si when everybody a move. Mi sey, people, Alliance nah guh deh yah 'cause dem nuh get nuh visa, suh mi do a Mavado tune an' dem (patrons) sing it from start to finish," Beenie said.
    "I don't want Jamaica feel sey a mock mi a mock di people dem," he added.

Fans loved it
    According to Beenie, the fans saw nothing wrong with what he did and in fact loved it.
    "Di people dem did appreciate it ... Mi sing I'm on the Rock (Mavado) and 'Waran all type a tings' fi Bounty. Then dem (the organisers) turn off di mic pon mi an' di people dem start lef' 'cause dem think sey a done di show done. But dem call up Supa Cat afta dat."
    So far, there are no indications that members of the Alliance have taken offence to Beenie's actions at the 'Best of the Best' show in Miami, as a spokesperson for the Alliance said, "everybody knows a jus' Beenie dat, a jus' suh him stay."
    Beenie says his focus now is simply on music and on being positive.
    "Di summa a guh nice. Mi nuh need dem negative ting yah right now."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

.... mock dem yes! Bounty Killer practically killed his own career .... hignarant fool.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I jusss dough know how folks tolerate dem deh kina entertainment.

My dance hall days was the best:

"So which DJ and dance hall singers did you listen to HL"?

"Well, i not only listen to...but i used to goh a dance regulah. I used to tek eeen DJ like Nicodemous, (surprisingly, i like bad bwoy Junior Demous too), Supah Cat. In fact I can find a tape wid all three a dem called: Cabin Stabin. This tape had a song called: 'A Dog Is Better Than a Gun"

I also use to take in DJ Lone Ranger, Peter Metro, Briggy General, Ranking Joe, Lt Stitchie, Lovindeer, Mikie Jarrett, Preacher Badoo, Leroy Gibbions, Tiger...

Look, let me stap!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I jusss dough know how folks tolerate dem deh kina entertainment.

My dance hall days was the best:

"So which DJ and dance hall singers did you listen to HL"?

"Well, i not only listen to...but i used to goh a dance regulah. I used to tek eeen DJ like Nicodemous, (surprisingly, i like bad bwoy Junior Demous too), Supah Cat. In fact I can find a tape wid all three a dem called: Cabin Stabin".

I also use to take in DJ Lone Ranger, Peter Metro, Briggy General, Ranking Joe, Lt Stitchie, Lovindeer, Mikie Jarrett, Preacher Badoo, Leroy Gibbions, Tiger...

Look, let me stap!!!
        Super Cat? Damn. HL, I think the problem is some of these DJs want to jump on any and every riddim and don't take the time to write music with sense. To make matters worse is that the dancehall patrons simply cheer fi all the madness being put out.

Comment

hmmmmm.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I heard that Super Cat made an eejit of himself at a concert in New York.

The Super cat i like is the super cat of yester year.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL you ever watch this youtube video with Cat and Demus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xSLsiBiwA

Me was a SuperCat fan too, more his attitude than his style though.

"God come first and me gun come second" Heh heh.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What you do not remember is your parents had their preference too, and it was likely different from yours.

Blessed

Comment

It was more typical in those days for an artist to leave his sound system to 'slap up" the DJ from the other sound...
                  Cat was one of the most infamous....

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                  X