Transport Minister outlines rail plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Minister outlines rail plans

Transport Minister Mike Henry on Wednesday outlined far-reaching plans which should see the kick-starting of plans towards the revival of the defunct rail system.

Making his contribution to the Sectoral Debate on Wednesday afternoon Mr. Henry said the agreement with the Chinese Government will involve the construction of 18 new railway stations and the provision of five new engines.

The agreement includes the acquisition of 68 freight coaches, training for personnel and the reopening of the Kingston to Montego Bay service.

Rail Service is also to be established between Spanish and Ewarton in St. Catherine.

Mr. Henry said the Government is hoping to ease the pressure on the island's road network as emphasis will be placed on moving goods by freight.

Mr. Henry said the refurbishing exercise is to be carried out over a three year period and is due to start before year end.

He adds that the revival of the rail service will result in the creation of thousands of jobs.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I am going to hold my breath until it happens.

Here goes Lazie...hurmfpt... ...hurmfpt... >>>>>>>>>>>
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      I am going to hold my breath until it happens.

Here goes Lazie...hurmfpt... ...hurmfpt... >>>>>>>>>>>
      I suggest you don't. Most of these will not come to light as there are those hell bent on going back to the mendicant policies that their idol Omar introduced.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X