No announcement yet.

Haye-Webster resigning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with them changing the law to get rid of citizens of other countries, pledge or no pledge! I was simply asking what the law says.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well i don't know...seaga renounced his and that a set a precedent. it must be looked at on 2 different footings (is that feeting?)

1. if you are born there you are a citizen and need to renounce;
      2. if you acquire citizenship through any other means, depends on the means and the age, then the positive act of pledging allegiance is required.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        What part of the law is ridiculous?
        Yuh really need fi ask that?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Why did I bother?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why did I bother?
            ... but the way yuh climbing up the wall defending the law, we were of the impression you knew what the law said.

" No person shall be qualified to be appointed as a Senator or elected as a member of the House of Representatives who-
            1. is, by virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign Power or State"
            Its 2008 ... we're now living in a Global Village and afterall, Jamaica need all the help it can get.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I wonder if Dudley Thompson renounced his Panama citizenship before serving in the cabinet?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

and if he didn't?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  I wonder if Dudley Thompson renounced his Panama citizenship before serving in the cabinet?
                  Yuh nuh? I guess because its not US citizenship, it not suh bad. Some jokers more concerned about become the 51st state.

Talk bout having priorities all wrong.

Comment

Oh, what made you feel like supplying a decent answer for once?!

I agree. Get rid of that! If you are a citizen of a farin land, no matter how you got it, you need to renounce it.

Don't buy that we need all the help we can get crap. No farin citizens in parliament! Yes, you can help out all you want, but not as an MP! And if yuh gay pon top a it, yuh wussa can't be in Bruce's cabinet! Adviser? Yes. But yuh can't sit in Gordon House! heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How far back should we go? Can we stick to the now? All sorts of wrongs happened in the past. Should we use them as precedents to continue the screwups?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh, what made you feel like supplying a decent answer for once?!

I agree. Get rid of that! If you are a citizen of a farin land, no matter how you got it, you need to renounce it.

Don't buy that we need all the help we can get crap. No farin citizens in parliament! Yes, you can help out all you want, but not as an MP! And if yuh gay pon top a it, yuh wussa can't be in Bruce's cabinet! Adviser? Yes. But yuh can't sit in Gordon House! heh heh!
                        Yuh need fi start looking at the pros and cons, but then again, when Jamaicans get emotional on an issue, it nuh mek nuh sense. Is there any doubt why we are where we are today?

Comment

LOL !

Whoeee !

Pandora box open and dem cyaan handle it.

Comment

And you need to start thinking about the risks. And sovereignty. And pride.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And you need to start thinking about the risks. And sovereignty. And pride.
                              Sovereignty? How much ACP unuh have out deh that isn't Jamaican?

Pride? Check the UN HDI and see where Jamaica rank, then talk to me bout pride.

Risk? Yuh actually posted that with a straight face? Get real Mosiah.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                                Sovereignty? How much ACP unuh have out deh that isn't Jamaican?

Pride? Check the UN HDI and see where Jamaica rank, then talk to me bout pride.

Risk? Yuh actually posted that with a straight face? Get real Mosiah.
                                ACPs are hired. They are consultants.

Pride? We need to restore some of that in the country.

Risk? Yes! What?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X