Portia responds! - She is not in anyone's bedroom!

• Portia responds! - She is not in anyone's bedroom!

She says she is a Christian woman, and as such she is against homosexuality, but she added that they should not be discriminated against. She said she was not aware that there were any gays in her shadow cabinet, but the point really is, she is not in anyone's bedroom!

So there you have it!

LOL!!! she not in anybody's bedroom...including her husbands?!!

Perhaps, a fi har bedroom an har 'usband innah hit?

That is a wicked "Google lee" Not even Benj or Lazie coulda put so much top spin pon it.

She says she is a Christian woman, and as such she is against homosexuality, but she added that they should not be discriminated against. She said she was not aware that there were any gays in her shadow cabinet, but the point really is, she is not in anyone's bedroom!

So there you have it!
          What does it mean to be against homosexuality?

What is she really saying?

This is the REAL politically correct answer.

Perhaps the part about "..should not discriminate against it.." may have something to do with it.
            Christianity discriminates against homosexuality, somehow I believe she is alluding to physically harming homosexuals, prejudices by otherwise prospective employers....
            If it followed her declaration that she is a christian then she is against it because it damns people to hell, and as long as she holds faith, she believes.

Depends on how you define discriminate. If it means "to make a distinction" then certainly, Christianity does discriminate. If it means "to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit" then Christianity should not discriminate. Obviously, it is the latter definition that Portia is using.

My bad, I was ignorant.

An afterthought Mosiah.
                  What of the word "against", why not Christianity disciminates Against Homosexuals?

Bare wid mi lickle if I am really being ignorant this time.

I'm sure one can find verses in the Bible which prove that Christianity, or God, discriminates against homosexuals.

I'm not sure I want to look at this from a religious perspective. Can anything be more hypocritical?

And I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

My initial response summs it up, it is due to my ignorance.
                      I foolishly thought(the afterthought)that you did not have an appreciation for the word "against".
                      Again my bad, for the last time )

no prob!

I like her response; at least she is not
                          on INTL TV saying she wont work with a person due to their sexual orientation. Over to Ben and Lazie (the two biggest gay rights advocates on the board)

I like her response; at least she is not
                            on INTL TV saying she wont work with a person due to their sexual orientation. Over to Ben and Lazie (the two biggest gay rights advocates on the board)
                            Portia is irrelevant Jawge. What was her gov't's position when there was a fuss regarding the Charter of Rights?

I've said that I disagree with the position of the PM ... the best qualified person should be given the job, but after hearing Jamaicans calling in expressing their approval of his position, I can see that if he had said otherwise people would accuse him of running a b.man gov't.

Do you believe an openly gay person would be able to operate effectively as a Cabinet Minister in Jamaica ?