Central Manchester MP withdraws accusation against Audley Sh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Manchester MP withdraws accusation against Audley Sh

Central [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Manchester[/COLOR][/COLOR] MP withdraws accusation against Audley Shaw

The impending parliamentary battle between House members Peter Bunting and Audley Shaw fizzled in the House on Wednesday afternoon.

The People's National Party (PNP) member for Central Manchester withdrew his accusation that the Finance Minister misled Parliament in his [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]budget[/COLOR][/COLOR] presentation when he suggested the previous administration and a company run by Mr. Bunting at the time were involved in "[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]sweetheart[/COLOR][/COLOR] deals".

Mr. Bunting remains adamant that there was nothing in his former company's transactions with the then-PNP goverment that could be described as a "sweetheart" deal.

However, he has conceded that he may have misinterpreted Mr. Shaw's words.

Mr. Bunting said he thought Mr. Shaw was referring to the outright sale by the government of its share of the FINSAC [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]bad [COLOR=blue! important]debts[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] administered by the Jamaica Redevelopment Fund.

He told the House that given that this misunderstanding on his part as to the transaction the Minister was referring to, he was withdrawing his statement.

"I am willing to concede that what did take place thereafter was a 120-day [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]financing[/COLOR][/COLOR] facility to the Ministry of Finance on an ‘arms length' term from which on the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]documentation[/COLOR][/COLOR] could appear to be a sale of these same receivables," said Mr. Bunting.

"Therefore given that there was a misunderstanding on my part about the transaction the minister was referring to, I am withdrawing my statement that the minister misled the House because no such transction occurred and regret any confusion this may have caused," he said.

But some members were not swayed by his act of contrition and demanded an outright apology.

This sparked heated [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]cross[/COLOR][/COLOR] talk in the Chamber led by South West St. Catherine MP, Everald Warmington.

"He withdrew the statement as it relates to the minister. What I want, and what the House wants is an apology to the House," said Mr. Warmington.

The matter was finally laid after the motion to have a Parliamentary committee review the matter was withdrawn by Deputy House Leader Andrew Gallimore.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mosiah, anything to say about "Breath of Fresh Air" backing down? Wait ... still consider him a "Breath of Fresh Air?!"

CAPE Candidate look like not cover this chapter well. Wha yuh think?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, what do you think his actions protrayed? Same old same old?

I wonder if you understand what it is exactly he apologised about.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Audley dismankle Omar inna Debate.. now him twissup Bunting..

Who exactly is the Cape candidate and who is the genius ?

LOL !!

Comment

What I suggest is the comrades put together an apology program.

That will give unnuh something tuh do because it look like seh unnuh bored..

There is easily 5 years of apology demanded...

Comment

Audley is the genius?!?

woiiee! mek mi ketch mi bret!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Well, what do you think his actions protrayed? Same old same old?

I wonder if you understand what it is exactly he apologised about.
              Wait .. yuh figet how he dared Shaw to repeat what he said outside the house? Mi curious why after Shaw did just that, why him never follow up.

Breath of Fresh Air? Yeah right.

Comment

Mi ask a question.

Mi si claims that Audley is Cape candidate while Bunting and Omar are genuises in their professions.

Evidence at hand seems to contradict this.

Comment

more importantly...exactly what did he challenge?!!! cause as far as mi seet nutten nuh change .... just the evidence put forward and if the evidence is evidence of something other than waht was said, he should have no reason to apologise.

to my thinking him BETTER apologise because there might be worse lurking out there.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X