Is the Clinton campaign attempting to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Clinton campaign attempting to move

the goal post again? I was of the impression the needed delegates needed is 2025. Now on GMA this morning there is a new number of 2200+?

Islandman, isn't Kentucky normally a Red State?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

It was red during the GW Bush era but Bill Clinton won it at least once, maybe twice, so the Clinton team calls it a "purple" state that Obama can't win. I suspect they are probably right on that.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      It was red during the GW Bush era but Bill Clinton won it at least once, maybe twice, so the Clinton team calls it a "purple" state that Obama can't win. I suspect they are probably right on that.
      Was seeing an interview on MSNBC last night Joe and and Senator Ford. They were saying that Obama made the same mistake in West Virginia and Kentucky as he didn't go into those states, roll up his sleeves and get to work by going door to door and meeting the voters.

You think that would have made any difference?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

2,026 Delegates is needed to secure the nomination. Don't get distracted by the political games.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not enough to matter. How many % points would he have improved by 5-10? Thats means he would have lost by 25-30% instead of 30-40%.

Assuming he is the nominee I am sure he will do that later on with some Democrat that is loved by the so-called "hard working white working class"

It is interesting how the media makes those statments with the assumption that Hillary will be getting the black vote regardless, so the only voters up for grabs is the "hard-working white" voters.

Thats what you get when you worship at the altar of one party instead of voting on with issues that affect you and your community.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            2,026 Delegates is needed to secure the nomination. Don't get distracted by the political games.
            If the two states not included in the present count are added the number changes...but that really does not change probabilty of Clinton catching Obama in the delegate count.

The point is Clinton is insisting Florida nd Michigan delegates be seated as per the vote they conducted. That moves the count to 'cross the line' to approximately 2200.

...but Clinton, I am thinking, shall not get what she wants. The 'talking heads' seem to think that half of the delegates apportioned to Florida and a half apportioned to Michigan will be seat. I think they are possible right. If this happens then the 'finish line' now becomes 2026 + that one-half of Florida's apportioned delegates + one-half Michagan's apportioned delegates. That, ofcourse, is a number that would be neither 2026 or 2200! It would be a number that falls somewhere in-between.

Obama and his people are using the present 2026.
            Clinton is using her hoped for 'full seating' of the Florida and Michigan delegates as the votes (Yup! The votes in those so-called 'outside the rules' voting!) where cast.

Interestingly Clinton's claim that "more persons voted for me" has merit if the results of the caucuses - (caucas = a closed meeting of a group of persons belonging to the same political party or faction usually to select candidates or to decide on policy; also : a group of people united to promote an agreed-upon cause ) - are discounted and the persons who voted in state-wide primary elections become the sole vote count. She is saying persons who actually pulled the levers and or marked ballots and or touched computer screens in statewide balloting...in the majority voted for her. She is correct on that...but unfortunately for her the caucases are a legitimate, vital and undeniable/incontestable part of the process.

Clinton being behind in the elections is as a result of poor planning. End of story! Obama would have to 'throw it to her'/have some unforseen unfavourable development 'clobber him' ...for a Clinton comback to occur.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i agree...if the delegates are apportioned in order to be seated then it really doesn't matter as each whether it is 2025 or 2200.....

given the contract the candidates signed, the apportionment seem the best way ..... clinton cannot have it both ways as a sheer matter of convenience. obama outmaneuvre her...AGAIN.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X