RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTW Mo, just to be clear on teh dual citizenship thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to renew a passport obtained as a child once you reach a certain age ?

Comment

i don't think it is such a stretch...e.g. by owning the us passport it affords him the protection of the us embassies around the world, allows you to vote (or at least apply for voters registration).

i think there was sufficient basis for the judge to come to that conclusion.

an educated guess

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If she is 46 going on 47 now (this I now know this for fact) and she got her Jakan nationality in 1987, she would have been 25/26 then.

Thus she would have many years as an adult to travel on a non-Jakan passport. Even if she was using birth paper or drivers licence, she could not establish residence with that. She would need PPT and lots of forms to fill out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SHARON HAY-WEBSTER

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
        Profession: Lecturer
        Political Membership:
        Marital Status: Married
        Previous Occupation: Communication Consultant
        Education:
        Birthdate: September 29, 1961

CONTACT INFORMATION:
        Email Address: scstcatherine@pnpjamaica.com This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it
        Telephone No: (876) 754-1411
        Telephone No: (876) 384-7121
        MySpace URL: http://www.myspace.com/sharonhaye-webster
        YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/sharon1candidate
        Hi5 URL: http://sharonhayewebster.hi5.com

Comment

shi not coming clean...look like seh "di same knife whey stick sheep.....kill him!"(schools challenge)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not a stretch at all.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Willi, for years, Americans only needed some sort of ID to travel to Jamaica! Don't know what they needed to go to Haiti, but probably wasn't much either!

Not going to waste my time speculating. If she is guilty and needs to step, then step! I have called for her to step on other occasions, so why should I cry now if it comes to that?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As I say, I am not complaining in this case. LoL

Wink, wink.

Comment

I think the question is what were the Framers referring to by swearing or acknowledging allegiance...

Naturalization or renewing passport ?

Comment

I know that ...but it was for tourist entry! A week on the beach.

You cannot establish residence without documentation man. What, yuh think Americans could just come an work in Jamaica???

I am not speculating here. My cousin was American and lived with us as a temp resident and later permanent resident. His mom (Jakan) was slow with some of the renewal paperwork and he faced EXPULSION from Jamaica. It took some hussle and contacts to get it sorted out back in the 1970s. Of course he had his US passport and proper docs to enter Jamaica.

Comment

She admit seh she had a US passport while lecturing at UTECH.

Then she bypass the issue of how she obtained it and gone straight into her travel patterns.

Evasive manuevers.. Tsk Tsk.. bad girl Sharon !

Comment

or both! why not?

Comment

[quote=Willi;102780]If she is 46 going on 47 now (this I now know this for fact) and she got her Jakan nationality in 1987, she would have been 25/26 then.

Thus she would have many years as an adult to travel on a non-Jakan passport. Even if she was using birth paper or drivers licence, she could not establish residence with that. She would need PPT and lots of forms to fill out QUOTE]

And she would have need a Social Security # fi get the passport
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

If so, that applies to all US citizens, passport or NOT. See the consistentcy of that line of reasoning?

If we are to stick to the pure reasoning of pledged allegience, then to me its a stretch. Protection is a BENEFIT of circumstance, POA is a voluntary and willful act.

WHAT A CAN OF WORMS DEM OPEN UP!

Comment

yes i agree. as i said renunciation in either of the 2 cases seems to be required. that is what seaga did and although times were different i think he would have had the benefit of counsel from some if not all of the framers.

i would be interested to hear what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Willi, for years, Americans only needed some sort of ID to travel to Jamaica! Don't know what they needed to go to Haiti, but probably wasn't much either!

Not going to waste my time speculating. If she is guilty and needs to step, then step! I have called for her to step on other occasions, so why should I cry now if it comes to that?!?
                                Yes for years Americans could travel without a passport, using your drivers licence as a form of ID, or other picture ID issued by a State Agency. But as an American yuh needed a Social Security # in order fi get the drivers licence etc.

Skeletions in dis argument, gwan mek Sharon fool unuh!
                                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                                X