Packaging facility coming to St. Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging facility coming to St. Elizabeth

The government is proceeding with plans to establish a marketing and packaging facility in St. Elizabeth t ohelp farmers.
    Agriculture Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton made the announcement while addressing farmers in the parish on Saturday.
    The facility is scheduled to be constructed in Hounslow and should be completed next year.

"The money has been approved, we're getting funding for it and I've already identified a large Jamaican company that is going to manage the facility."
    The Rural Agricultural Development Authority will work closely with the facility and the farmers.

"In terms of the production side, the facility will purchase the produce from the farmers, package and market and use logistics management to move the produce wherever it wants to go," he said.
    Dr. Tufton, however, warned that for farmers to benefit from the new marketing facility, they will be required to enter into a sales agreement with the entity.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

LoL
    The new AMC.

Comment

yuhseeit!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Look the AMC was a great idea. I recall my family buying great produce at reasonable prices there.

The bugbear was the extremely poor management that killed it. Typical of that age.

If it can be brought back and managed well, it will be of benefit.

Much of the problems of the 1970s was not a lack of ideas, but rather a fault of execution and mentality needed for long term success. Everything got subsumed to populism.

Its why I KNOW who Daddy Manley would choose now....no question in my mind at all.

Comment

Working...
        X