No announcement yet.

Polls now likely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was used as a matter of convenience.....it's not out of respect for any constitution, let's get that clear.

is it a good thing that the jlp hasn't launched similar actions?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Just because I stole 5 years ago and was not caught does not mean I can use that as an excuse for stealing today!

Sorry, but I can't understand how the person breaking the law is not the culprit here, Willi and gamma.

I agree, Dabdoub and the PNP are not doing this because of any respect to the constitution. If they were, they would come clean about it right now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

is it a good thing that the jlp hasn't launched similar actions?
        Well some can spin it to mean the JLP doesn't respect the law.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

have you ever heard of accessories to the fact?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Like jewellery and sunglasses?

Fine, gamma, they are accessories to the fact. But are we coming down harder on them than the actual perpetrators themselves?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the perpetrators are the one who will pay the penalty....in the meanwhile however I am disgusted at how they have PLAYED politics with this issue, from danville walker come right down and ESPECIALLY danville walker!!!!

that is my personal outrage....as i have long said the constitution says what it says and has said that all along.....

Comment

yes, they are playing politics with it. i just want the guilty to step, mi nuh care a who! thereafter, we can look about fixing the constitution.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL !!!

Why dabdoub could not act ?

If he is so concerned about preserving the law he could have acted at any point..

Mirhonor, it has come to my attention that people have been breaking the law for years by holding dual-citizenship in Parliament.. I move that we address this grievous threat to national security..

Comment

but mi nuh unnastan yuh.

Yuh seh JLP woulda do di same ting... so why dem nevah ?

Is not di fuss time.. dual citizen deh deh fram long time.. nuff election run.. what 4 seats haffi duh wid it.. a seat is a seat, iffn mi want mi seat and a man ah bruk di law den mi ago guh fi it.. mi nuh cyar how seat 'dem' have.. mi waan my seat !

Comment

What???

Dabdoub acted BEFORE nomination.

There was no general warnbing until AFTER nomination.

Slackness all around (and for years) and you seek to defend the cynical?

Comment

Working...
                      X